Did a Audition last night

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

vvv
zen recordist

Did a Audition last night

Post by vvv » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:25 am

Auditioned on bass.

I played well.

They played well.

But the BL was non-stop talking, not as outrageous but even looked a bit like the Nuge.

And I realized as I arrived I had auditioned at the same house (nice, finished basement music room) about 10 years ago with the same BL, different band.

Drummer was good, looked like the guy in Gov Mule but shorter at about 5'5" with slightly bigger arms.

The rhythm guitar player played a synth-equipped Strat through one of those digi-Mustang amps - he could play, but that amp sounded like razor-blades being run though a pair of bright chorus pedals. He only knew their stuff and surf tunes - didn't even know Stones basics.

BL played a SG and had a really nice black-face DRI, with one of those new Boss GT 1000.7859 POS digital wanna-be Headjob/Rectal things; for sound, see the above descrip - he totally ruined a sweet amp.

They gave me a Fender Rumble 25 and I'll be damned but I kept it at 12:00 and it kept up no problems - a EBS compressor and then a Bass Soul Food or Linden on at all times.

But the thing, the thing, the thing - my politics are 180 degrees away from those implied by their sly little test-jokes.

And they kept the un-opened 6 of Corona Light I brought, which is absolutely disqualifrying. :evil:
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Re: Did a Audition last night

Post by Nick Sevilla » Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:28 pm

I think they did not pass your audition.

8) :twisted: 8)
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

vvv
zen recordist

Re: Did a Audition last night

Post by vvv » Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:21 pm

:lol:

This.
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.