RTP, NC Beer&Gear

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

RTP, NC Beer&Gear

Post by apropos of nothing » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:01 pm

We have a new resident in our midst, Mr. prklem! Welcome to the Paris on the Piedmont!

Anybody up for another Beer&Gear?

I have two proposals: 1 -- any chance of say a Saturday afternoon? I work Sun-Thurs from 1pm-10pm, and usually don't hit town til 10:30, so it'd be nice if I could make it to one (alternately an early Friday evening could work too.). 2 -- could we make it at someplace that has good food? :twisted:

jimbob
alignin' 24-trk

Post by jimbob » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:59 pm

i'd love to come. i missed the other one(s) but would love to hang out, drink, and geek out. how soon should we try to do this? i'm in raleigh and i'd be into meeting anywhere in the triangle.

-jim bob

apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

Post by apropos of nothing » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:33 pm

Coolio. I've been to two, one in Raleigh, one in Chapel Hill. Maybe we could do Durham? Durham does actually feature the best restaurants in the triangle, I think.

hank hill
pluggin' in mics

oh man

Post by hank hill » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:21 pm

Wow another one! You guys gotta wait for me this time. Every time this comes up I post!! (usually I'm just lurking!) They say my house will be finished in the middle of April (just south of Raleigh)... and then... I'm out of Florida and on my way to RALEIGH! YEA! I really would love to meet some people up there! I won't know ANYONE.

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:11 pm

Dude, tell me the Rathskeller doesn't have good food! Your mistake not getting the spaghtetti!

Fridays and Saturdays are big gig days. I was gonna be up there on Friday the 24th working at Overdub, but I'm not sure that's gonna be happening for me now. I'm pretty slammed down here until April. Otherwise, I'd love to get up there for another one.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

apropos of nothing
dead but not forgotten

Post by apropos of nothing » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:48 pm

Golly gosh, scheduling is hard.
cgarges wrote:Dude, tell me the Rathskeller doesn't have good food! Your mistake not getting the spaghtetti!
Food is not bad at the Rat, its just not that... Awesome. And its in a basement, which makes me suspicious of their kitchen, if you see what I mean.

Hmm. Mebbe we'll have to put this off for another time (soon). April? Bueller, Bueller?