Know a good bluegrass/country band in northern Vermont?

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

BradG
pushin' record

Know a good bluegrass/country band in northern Vermont?

Post by BradG » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:27 am

Getting married the end of July up near Montpelier, and we'd like to get a small group to play during cocktails & dinner. A small, traditional bluegrass group would be ideal who are down with playing mostly covers.

MitoPro
alignin' 24-trk

Post by MitoPro » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:31 am

I can recommend Astrograss (http://www.astrograssmusic.com/), a great bluegrass band. I've done 2 records with them- great players, great guys (check out "Samples from the New Record", and "Astrograss for Kids EP" on the music page). They are based in NYC, but they travel for gigs and weddings all the time. Specific info about what they offer for weddings and private parties, including a songlist, can be found here:
http://www.astrograssmusic.com/wedding.html

civiljar
pluggin' in mics

Post by civiljar » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:06 pm

I don't know them personally but Chrome Cowboys are a good country band they sort of lean twoards the older stuff but they're based out of burlington VT, so you could check them out.
Regards, adam
see the special cowboy ride at,
www.uvm.edu/~aconlon/sc/scmain.html

Grubb
audio school graduate

Post by Grubb » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:05 am

I can second for Astrograss. Very nice guys, and pro players...
Grubb

BradG
pushin' record

Post by BradG » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:16 am

Yeah, I've got some great players here in NYC as well who I'd love to bring along. I'm afraid the budget just won't allow it though.

They're not to be the main attraction, just playing during cocktails and maybe dinner.