I need a Mastering House.....

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

audio[LAB]
gimme a little kick & snare

I need a Mastering House.....

Post by audio[LAB] » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:12 pm

Hello,

I'm currently working on my home studio and its now nearing completion. I want to operate it as proffesionally as possible. My mixes are in their infancy at the moment but i'm hoping that with a better set up and lots of time they will improve. I was originally planing on mastering everything myself with plug-ins like L1 L2 L3 type deal. But If I could find someone in my general area that is in a similar situation I would be more than happy to refer my mixes to them.

What I'm looking for is a mastering engineer that is starting off and has his own equipment, like a home set up. The reason for that is mainly that I, and the bands I plan to record cannot afford a proffesional mastering house. So someone that is looking to learn and at the same time make a little extra money would be ideal.

I look forward to doing business with someone.

Danny

bewarethanatos
alignin' 24-trk

Post by bewarethanatos » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:41 pm

More like a Mastering Bedroom, amirite?

...Sorry.
Good luck in your search.

I'm Painting Again
zen recordist

Post by I'm Painting Again » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:20 pm

I whole-heartedly recommend Chad Clark and TJ Lipple of Silver Sonya in Arlington, Va..

http://www.silversonya.com/

they offer affordable rates and do a great job..

they may be a little more expensive than some douche on his or her PC but you get a lot more service for your money..they have mastered at least 5 of our projects now and I've been happy every time..

ryanlikestorock
gettin' sounds

Post by ryanlikestorock » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:20 pm

I've emailed you about www.littlekingstudio.com . I'm not in LA but I've got the kind of setup I think you're talking about.