Seattle Beer Night?

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

hautacam
alignin' 24-trk

Post by hautacam » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:07 am

Professor wrote:Wow, a resurrected beer night thread from two years ago!?!

Um, yeah, count me in long as it waits for me to get my car back from the guy in Cd'A. I just finished up the semester, this next week is finals week, and then summer session kicks in... but I could sure use a good excuse to get away for a weekend. (And I don't suppose any of you west-side boys are interested in the scenic drive out to Spokane... let alone to Pullman.)

Maybe we could arrange some kind of event to get the boys out of the woodwork, like a tour of something, somewhere. Studios, manufacturers, venues, etc. Or just a day at the EMP?
I dunno, or just an evening of alcohol and debauchery in Belltown or something.

-J
I think you are going to have a hard time convincing very many people to come over to Spokane.

I am all for getting people out of the woodwork. I was hoping that it would be a sort of weekly or bi weekly beer night rather than a one off event. However I think possibly organizing a event that isn't just a beer drinking night would be a good idea. There are a lot of studios and manufactures in the area. A tour of sorts could be a interesting idea if put together right.

I still put my vote in for at least starting any sort of drinking night at Cafe Racer. I think it is by far the place in the area to have it.

bplr
takin' a dinner break

Post by bplr » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:41 pm

I'm in ... and might I suggest the Hideout? or the Twilight Exit?

although, I'm definitely not likely to drive out to Spokane without a big carrot dangling in front of me.

anyone giving away shinybox ribbons this time?
Bipolar Production

Professor
ghost haunting audio students

Post by Professor » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:19 pm

Why are you guys hatin' the east side? :cry:

I mean, not that I'm much of a fan either - which is why I'm down with a weekend getaway to the west.
We should check to see when the next AES event is over that way.

-J

hautacam
alignin' 24-trk

Post by hautacam » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:02 pm

bplr wrote:I'm in ... and might I suggest the Hideout? or the Twilight Exit?

although, I'm definitely not likely to drive out to Spokane without a big carrot dangling in front of me.

anyone giving away shinybox ribbons this time?
The twilight exit might be cool but isn't that place getting torn down soon? I was over there last weekend and saw a big notice of proposed land action sign on the side of it.

bplr
takin' a dinner break

Post by bplr » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:28 am

hautacam wrote:
The twilight exit might be cool but isn't that place getting torn down soon? I was over there last weekend and saw a big notice of proposed land action sign on the side of it.
then we best get on it!
Bipolar Production

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:39 am

I'm down.

Cafe racer? is that the place on Roosevelt, a few doors down from Trading?

I'm up in 75th and Roosevelt area but can pretty much get anywhere in the city.

hautacam
alignin' 24-trk

Post by hautacam » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:16 pm

trodden wrote:I'm down.

Cafe racer? is that the place on Roosevelt, a few doors down from Trading?

I'm up in 75th and Roosevelt area but can pretty much get anywhere in the city.
Yeah that is the place, the one with the green sign. It is a pretty rad place and everything there is cheap as hell. You can pretty much drink all night with a group of people and still have the tab be under $20. Most of the people that hang out there are pretty friendly as well, lots of musicians and artists.
Last edited by hautacam on Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hautacam
alignin' 24-trk

Post by hautacam » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:21 pm

Professor wrote:Why are you guys hatin' the east side? :cry:

I mean, not that I'm much of a fan either - which is why I'm down with a weekend getaway to the west.
We should check to see when the next AES event is over that way.

-J
Hahaha. I don't know if we are hatin' on the east side, but I don't really have any interest in going back there unless it is family related. I grew up there and have had my fill of it. If other people enjoy living over there, then all the power to them.

Professor
ghost haunting audio students

Post by Professor » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:58 pm

There are some sick folks who enjoy living out this way... but I am not one of them.

Seattle is kind of a long drive just to grab a beer, but if I'm out that way for other reasons it would be fun.

-J