Brooklyn Apartment? Loft? House?

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

mack
ass engineer

Brooklyn Apartment? Loft? House?

Post by mack » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:39 pm

Hey all,

It's been a little while since I've posted. I just got a job in NYC working with film nd theatre, and am moving from Boston. I need to find an apartment for August and beyond. It's always nice to live with people with similar interests (music, recording, art, etc), so I thought I'd give this a go. I'm looking for a room in a larger apartment in Brooklyn (3 or 4 roomates). I've tapped all my friends down there and haven't got a hit yet. If anyone has a place, knows someone who does, etc that needs another roomate let me know. I'll be in NY this weekend checking out some other apartments, and hey tapeop is everywhere.

All the best-

Kyle

seaneldon
pushin' record

Post by seaneldon » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:57 pm

Hey, let me know if you wanna split a room in Brooklyn or Queens/Long Island City/Astoria area. Let's live together.

Cheers,
Sean Eldon Qualls

edanderson
gettin' sounds

Post by edanderson » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:38 pm

i know this guy... he's a musician (no, really), and he needs some roommates for his loft starting in august. he knows a lot of people that would be useful if you are moving to the area as a musician / recordist.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/roo/183912535.html

ed

mack
ass engineer

reply......

Post by mack » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:21 pm

Cool, I'll check that out. Any comments about Bushwick? I've heard mixed things about the area. Sean...I'm definitely looking to have my own room. I've shared rooms before, but am in the market for that private space. When are you looking to move? Anyone else with any ideas/friends in need of a room filled in brooklyn?

Best-

Kyle

edanderson
gettin' sounds

Post by edanderson » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:40 pm

umm, if you're asking me, yeah, bushwick IS mixed. but what many would consider the "down side" is exactly what you're looking for- e.g. people making music all the time. i would say it is worth it to check out for sure.

as with any place in nyc metro area, you'd have to visit it for yerself to know how comfortable you'd feel there. i can recommend the guy above, but i don't recommend picking a "scene" based on hearsay. come on down and see the sights; trust me, you'll be glad you did once you have a place.

ed

seaneldon
pushin' record

Re: reply......

Post by seaneldon » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:54 am

mack wrote:Cool, I'll check that out. Any comments about Bushwick? I've heard mixed things about the area. Sean...I'm definitely looking to have my own room. I've shared rooms before, but am in the market for that private space. When are you looking to move? Anyone else with any ideas/friends in need of a room filled in brooklyn?

Best-

Kyle
when i say "split a room" i mean "get one next to mine in the same apartment". like if kramer and seinfeld BOTH lived in jerry's apartment but in different rooms. i've gotta get back out of long island. badly. too far from work.

i'm sort of thinking about going to a place in LIC, right next to the studio, but if I could live with someone who has the same job as me and maybe even on the same backwards assed sleep schedule, i'd probably opt for that. drop me a line whenever you figure something out regardless and at least come grab a beer on the roof of our studio (best skyline view in town). we're having a mic pre party soon (beginning or middle of august).