canned corportate soundtracks

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

xonlocust
tinnitus

canned corportate soundtracks

Post by xonlocust » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:50 pm

i'm in need of some vanilla, polished corporate sounding instrumental music for the background of an online piece. i don't really feel like making it from scratch myself, but am looking for something i can chop up as need be. anyone have any resources they can point me to or is that something you're good at?

or perhaps this is a job for ableton or one of those programs i'm not as familiar with? i have DP as a DAW avail.

any recomendations would be much appreciated. if there's some canned software solution that'd be great too.

kdarr
buyin' gear

Re: canned corportate soundtracks

Post by kdarr » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:20 pm

xonlocust wrote:i'm in need of some vanilla, polished corporate sounding instrumental music for the background of an online piece. i don't really feel like making it from scratch myself, but am looking for something i can chop up as need be. anyone have any resources they can point me to or is that something you're good at?

or perhaps this is a job for ableton or one of those programs i'm not as familiar with? i have DP as a DAW avail.

any recomendations would be much appreciated. if there's some canned software solution that'd be great too.
you could buy some "needle drop" type stuff from SoundDogs or a similar website. they have all manner of generic commercial or radio background tracks. they usually come in 10, 30 and 60 minute versions as well.

[<|>]

JGriffin
zen recordist

Post by JGriffin » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:46 pm

I can hook you up with a shit-ton of needle-drop stuff, though you'd need to license it, obviously. I'll also look around my, um, "archives" to see what I have lying around. Is this a budgeted project or an under-the table, no-dough job? If it's the latter, there's some nice canned loops in ACID I could whip something together with.
"Jeweller, you've failed. Jeweller."

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/