Black Lion Audio is looking for intern

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

puffpastry
pushin' record

Black Lion Audio is looking for intern

Post by puffpastry » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:12 pm

Hello all--
We've got tons of stuff on our hands these days, and we're having a hard time keeping up. We're looking for someone here in Chicago to join us. We'd prefer it if you have a working knowledge of audio equipment as well as a grasp of electronic components.

The position is part time to start, but has the potential to become full time. You can PM me for more information, or just call the shop, 773 857 3761.

Matt
BLA

E Car
alignin' 24-trk

Post by E Car » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:29 pm

Hi Matt,

Did you post over at Gearslutz.com as well? I've seen a few folks trolling for internships over there recently it seems. (And maybe the Electrical.com forum). I'll keep my ears open.

By the way, if you guys ever think about doing pro audio repair as well as mods, I think you'd have quite a market. I have a hard time finding people to even solder simple connection. (Currently being done at the place that re-cones my speakers.) If I could find someone to mod my Ampex MX-10 into 4x4 instead of 4x2 I'd be in hog heaven.

BTW, I put a link to you guys up on my site in you'd like to check it out.

Best of luck..
Last edited by E Car on Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

r0ck1r0ck2
re-cappin' neve

Post by r0ck1r0ck2 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:12 am

dang...

how would you like to move the operation to Barcelona?

let me know..

puffpastry
pushin' record

Post by puffpastry » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:47 am

Thanks so much to everyone who contacted us. The positions are closed at the moment.
how would you like to move the operation to Barcelona?
Oh, jeez, don't tempt me...especially now that a lovely Chicago winter is now on its way.
By the way, if you guys ever think about doing pro audio repair as well as mods, I think you'd have quite a market.
I've thought about it in the past, but I'm not that fond of the repair side of things. We're going to be moving more into the design world, as we're currently working on products for a couple of manufacturers.
BTW, I put a link to you guys up on my site in you'd like to check it out.
Thanks so much--it looks like you're not too far from us? We're near Irving Park and Ashland. I'll have Jim put a link to your site on ours.