Producer for Americana / Pop / Country Rock Group

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

workshed
suffering 'studio suck'

Producer for Americana / Pop / Country Rock Group

Post by workshed » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:05 pm

A client of my design business is looking to record their next release and wants someone who can produce it... they can bring someone out here to the Portland area for it, if needed. They want something super radio friendly and polished sounding. Someone with some bigger name credibility is also desired. If anyone has some names that might be a good fit, send 'em my way. This is outside of my normal preferred genres, so I couldn't think of anyone off the top of my head.

Thanks,

-Bret

Phiz
buyin' gear

Post by Phiz » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:19 pm

Ex-Wilco member Jay Bennett? He would appear to fit all your criteria.

sad iron
tinnitus

Post by sad iron » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:51 pm

Well, i've co-produced a record with Jay Bennett (mine). And worked with a bunch of other folks who live in that world (Dennis Diken, Dave Amels, Mark Spencer, members of the damnwells... , folks who've played with Ryan Adams...a lot of folks). I've got good ears and know how to get good sounds for the alt.country thing. I'd do it if the timing worked. I've got no big name credibility though. If there is such a thing in the Americana world.
New music: www.sadironmusic.com

Studio site: www.sadironstudio.com

Novel website: www.sadironpress.com

workshed
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by workshed » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:36 pm

Thanks guys -- I'll forward your suggestions/info on to the band for consideration.

-Bret

jrsgodfrey
re-cappin' neve

Post by jrsgodfrey » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:07 am

Catoogie
buyin' a studio

Post by Catoogie » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:35 pm

Barrie is thee shit!!! A good friend and a pleasure to work with. He's very musical, knows great tone and has great ears.

djimbe
tinnitus

Post by djimbe » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:05 pm

Brian Deck? Califone, Fruit Bats, Modest Mouse, Iron and Wine....

Find him at Engine Studios in Chicago
I thought this club was for musicians. Who let the drummer in here??

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:38 am

That project is right up my alley. Check out Backyard Tire Fire I've done all of their studio records and they are getting some really great press and road success.

Travel is not an issue.

sad iron
tinnitus

Post by sad iron » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:58 pm

Man, I didn't realize Bloomington was so close to IC (and by close I mean less that 4 hours). I played a gig w/ BYTF a while back. good folks. good tunes. haven't heard the records, but I'm sure they're great.

that's all.

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:46 am

sad iron wrote:Man, I didn't realize Bloomington was so close to IC (and by close I mean less that 4 hours). I played a gig w/ BYTF a while back. good folks. good tunes. haven't heard the records, but I'm sure they're great.

that's all.
There seems to be a wierd IC/Bloomington connection. Both schools have good dance departments and there seems to be good music coming from both again. Have you heard the Death Ships?

sad iron
tinnitus

Post by sad iron » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:48 am

drumsound wrote:
sad iron wrote:Man, I didn't realize Bloomington was so close to IC (and by close I mean less that 4 hours). I played a gig w/ BYTF a while back. good folks. good tunes. haven't heard the records, but I'm sure they're great.

that's all.
There seems to be a wierd IC/Bloomington connection. Both schools have good dance departments and there seems to be good music coming from both again. Have you heard the Death Ships?
Yeah, they backed up Jay Bennett earlier this year--or was it last year--and when the tour came through IC I was on the bill. They're good folks. Wish I could get out to shows more so I could get to know some of the musicians in town more...

Jon Nolan
tinnitus

Post by Jon Nolan » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:03 pm

eric 'roscoe' ambel fits the bill too, btw. he posts here. google him. he da man.

this is right up my alley as well, minus the big name thing too...

cheers,
Jon

sad iron
tinnitus

Post by sad iron » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:18 pm

Jon Nolan wrote:eric 'roscoe' ambel fits the bill too, btw. he posts here. google him. he da man.

this is right up my alley as well, minus the big name thing too...

cheers,
Jon
Roscoe is the dude. My old band toured with the Yayhoos a few times and he helped me get my first recording rig together. A great guy. Very giving with his copious knowledge.

We also played with Jon's old band Say Zuzu a few times over the years. He's the real deal as well....

workshed
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by workshed » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:31 pm

Hey everyone, thanks for all of the submissions. I've forwarded everyone's responses to the band and the ball is in their court now. It may take them awhile to go through everything, but they do appreciate all of the responses!

-Bret