FEATURE YOUR HOME STUDIO ON homestudioguy.com?

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

JGriffin
zen recordist

Post by JGriffin » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:49 pm

RefD wrote: perhaps, but you have far better gear..

...says the guy with the Ross flanger in his pedalboard.

RefD wrote:...and, more importantly, better EARS.

Oh, hush, you. :oops: :blush:
"Jeweller, you've failed. Jeweller."

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/

RefD
on a wing and a prayer

Post by RefD » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:06 am

dwlb wrote:
RefD wrote: perhaps, but you have far better gear..

...says the guy with the Ross flanger in his pedalboard.
i seem to recall you having some API and Ampex stuff floating about in your home studio...not to mention a damned spiffy SRE-555!

it's actually a Ross Phaser Distortion and the footswitch for the Distortion is b0rk3d.

imma take it off the board to keep it safe and replace it with a Nano Small Stone which supposedly doesn't have the volume drop issue that the sheet metal version suffers from.

it's funny how the Ross pedals got sneered at back in the day.

oh, wait...i DO have Chris Hanzsek's old DeltaLab Super Time Line! :^:

(as if that will somehow magically make me a better recordist, but since i'm already being all crass and name-droppy...)
?What need is there to weep over parts of life? The whole of it calls for tears.? -- Seneca

bobg (homestudioguy)
gettin' sounds

The Third Home Studio Guy to be SpotLighted is...........

Post by bobg (homestudioguy) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:18 pm

Roy Peak, owner and engineer of Radical Recording In Jacksonville, FL is our 3rd Home Studio Guy to be spotlighted. Roy shares that he has played bass in more bands than he cares to remember for more years than he can remember including Soul Guardians, Radio Berlin, The Problems, and Blue Veronica. He also shares that he was an engineer with Twelfth House Records and played bass or engineered for Brenda David, 86 Love, Al Wells, and The Crawfish of Love and has tracked and mixed at Retrofonic Studios in Crescent Beach, Florida; Calliope Studios, Manhattan; RCA?s Spectrum Studios, Nashville as well as many others. Roy currently records with Sonar 6 on a Gateway 700X 2.6 Ghz Pentium 4 with 1 Gig of ram, using various swappable hard drives and an RME Hammerfall 9652 enclosed in a homemade isolation case and uses a Behringer DDX3216 mixer for tracking and mixing. He shares more on www.homestudioguy.com

How about you???? :roll:
Bob G. (formerly Homestudioguy)
http://www.homestudioguy.com
bobgStudioWorks

bobg (homestudioguy)
gettin' sounds

The Third Home Studio Guy SpotLight is on.......

Post by bobg (homestudioguy) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:18 pm

Roy Peak, owner and engineer of Radical Recording In Jacksonville, FL is our 3rd Home Studio Guy to be spotlighted and (DUH!) :shock: this got posted twice!
Last edited by bobg (homestudioguy) on Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobgStudioWorks

bobg (homestudioguy)
gettin' sounds

Our fourth home studio spotlight is on...

Post by bobg (homestudioguy) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:20 pm

Our fourth home studio spotlight is on...
Alan Cohen of Boston is a Computer Science graduate of Tufts University who primarily uses his Burr-Brown Equipped Sytek mpx-4aii preamps via an Echo Audiofire12 into an Apple Powerbook G4 into Digital Performer 4.61 His primary instruments are My instruments are a Taylor 514-CE, a Fender Texas Special Strat with a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amp, and a Music Man Sterling bass through an Ampeg BA-115HPT. Alan shares more on the Home Studio Spotlight Page!
bobgStudioWorks

bobg (homestudioguy)
gettin' sounds

Post by bobg (homestudioguy) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:31 pm

Our 5th Home Studio Guy to be spotlighted is Brian J. Hallerman who is a multi-talented multi-instrument playing trumpet major with an Associate Degree in Music Production and Recording Engineering as well as his Bachelor of Music. He records primarily into his Digidesign 002R running into ProTools via a Mac Pro with dual 2.0 Ghz Intel Dual Core Xeon Woodcrest processors.
(photos on website)
Above is Brian in front of his "Control Central" with his coveted Bach Stradivarius Trumpet model 180/37 trumpet (to those unfamiliar with professional brass instruments, this is a $3000.00 horn). Some of his other "axes" include: a Stomvi Elite piccolo trumpet with Schilke 14A4X mouthpiece, a Roland JV-90 Keyboard and Peavey KB-60 keyboard amp, an Epiphone Acoustic guitar, a Peavey Raptor electric, a Buffet Clarinet, a Yamaha YFL-23 Flute, a Beuscher Alto Saxophone and last and clearly not least (HA!!!) a Bach TB300 trombone. Please also note Brian's generous use of Auralex Products![/img]
bobgStudioWorks

bobg (homestudioguy)
gettin' sounds

Post by bobg (homestudioguy) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:47 pm

Smitty wrote:also (and i say this in only the most gentle and loving way, and only because i think this is a great idea for a site that lots of people would want to visit), it might be a good idea to consider a redesign... the organization of information and content is kind of unclear at this point.
Smitty, check out the site now!
bobgStudioWorks