looking for a studio in the SF Bay Area around Thanksgiving

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

MitoPro
alignin' 24-trk

looking for a studio in the SF Bay Area around Thanksgiving

Post by MitoPro » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:21 am

Hey all, I'm interested in booking a day or two at a decent, affordable studio or production room in the Bay Area around Thanksgiving time. I'm a New York-based engineer/musician who will be in SF for the holiday and I'd like to spend some time cutting bed tracks for a set of original songs.

I'll just be recording acoustic guitar and vocals, maybe some electric guitars if there is time. I'd like to find a place with a good sounding tracking space, a couple of cool mic choices and Pro Tools. HD is preferred, but I'm cool with an LE system as long as it has outboard clock/converts or the Black Lion mod. I've got an engineer I'll be working with.

If you've got a room, or know of a great one to recommend, hit me up. SF, Marin or East Bay north is preferred- Sonoma, San Jose, etc are probably too far from where I'll be staying. Thanks, Matt

MitoPro
alignin' 24-trk

Post by MitoPro » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:10 am

bump.

no one has a place to recommend or one they want to pitch?

HuskerDude
pushin' record

Post by HuskerDude » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:47 pm

It might be a little late to get time there at Thanksgiving, but Tiny Telephone is in SF and is an excellent place.

chorga1
pushin' record

Post by chorga1 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:21 pm

A lil late, but there're bazillions of options options:

Different Fur, Tiny Telephone, Coast Recorders - big room, as well as a ton of smaller studios down off of bayshore.

Then there's East Bay - Studio 880, High Tone, Studio 3431, and bazillions more as well. Everything from $20/hr on up...

Check Craigslist too.