Need engineer set up for remote recording in Napa, CA

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

greatmagnet
buyin' a studio

Need engineer set up for remote recording in Napa, CA

Post by greatmagnet » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:52 pm

Hey Gang,

A friend of mine in the wine marketing industry up here where I live is looking for a professional to do a recording of a bunch of wine geeks sitting around a table talking about wine. QUICKLY! The event is this Friday the 30th. She's been given a quote by a local (the only local) audio-video company and it was off-the-hook...like $1,300 or so. This is probably a two to three hour event plus your setup time beforehand.

The recordist would need to do this on-site in the Napa Valley in a conference room setting, and the panel would include ten people. So they'd need a high-quality portable digital recorder, the requisite mic pres and enough mics to do the job right...either a bunch of lavaliers or perhaps a setup using omnis? Not my forte so you tell me. I suppose it depends on how bad they'd want to do a mix afterwards which you could discuss with my contact.

HOLLA!
"All energy flows in accordance with the whims of the great Magnet"
?Raoul Duke
www.greatmagnetrecording.com

Electro-Voice 664
re-cappin' neve

Post by Electro-Voice 664 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:46 pm

"Play ethnicky jazz to parade your snazz. On your five grand stereo."