Anyone willing play bass on my girlfriends album?

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

Sean Sullivan
moves faders with mind

Anyone willing play bass on my girlfriends album?

Post by Sean Sullivan » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:11 pm

I've tried to find someone locally to play bass, but it hasn't worked out very well. I've been become way to involved in the writing/engineering/playing on this album that I just can't play bass, I need a new set of ears and perspective. If I could just send someone MP3s, you can track bass at your house, and send me the bass track as a wave (without EQ or dynamics) I would be so, so, so, so, so x1000 grateful. All the songs have guitars, drums, and vocals and a click track if you need it and I can give you chords. Please send me a PM if you can help!
Still waiting for a Luna reunion

kdarr
buyin' gear

Re: Anyone willing play bass on my girlfriends album?

Post by kdarr » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:18 pm

minorleagues wrote:I've tried to find someone locally to play bass, but it hasn't worked out very well. I've been become way to involved in the writing/engineering/playing on this album that I just can't play bass, I need a new set of ears and perspective. If I could just send someone MP3s, you can track bass at your house, and send me the bass track as a wave (without EQ or dynamics) I would be so, so, so, so, so x1000 grateful. All the songs have guitars, drums, and vocals and a click track if you need it and I can give you chords. Please send me a PM if you can help!
I PM'd you. Sounds fun.

[<|>]

Smitty
tinnitus

Post by Smitty » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:54 pm

this is one of the many reasons I love TapeOp. if i was a better bass player, i would.
"I try to hate all my gear equally at all times to keep the balance of power in my favor." - Brad Sucks

Jeremy Garber
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by Jeremy Garber » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:26 pm

PM sent. :)

Nate Dort
tinnitus

Post by Nate Dort » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:26 pm

I tried to play bass on a few of the demos that minorleagues sent me. I wish I had the time to devote to them that the songs deserve. Wife/house/job commitments always get in the way, so I had to bail. From what I heard in the early versions, there's a lot of great ideas and sounds going on.

Post some tracks when you finish them.

Scodiddly
genitals didn't survive the freeze

Post by Scodiddly » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:35 pm

I'd be happy to help out as well, time permitting of course (luckily it's our slow season at work). I've played bass for a few of the CAPE things and it's a lot of fun.

Sean Sullivan
moves faders with mind

Post by Sean Sullivan » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:53 pm

nate wrote:I tried to play bass on a few of the demos that minorleagues sent me. I wish I had the time to devote to them that the songs deserve. Wife/house/job commitments always get in the way, so I had to bail. From what I heard in the early versions, there's a lot of great ideas and sounds going on.

Post some tracks when you finish them.
First off, thanks a lot Nate for giving it a go, and I completely understand that your schedule was too busy. You have a lot more important things to take care of over my silly songs. It's been great talking to you, and we'll build that preamp as soon as I have some excess money.

Second, I've had 7 people PM already! I'm going to try to get as many people involved as others and break up the songs based on peoples interest. Please, keep them coming!
Still waiting for a Luna reunion