group buy! : cinemag or lundahl ribbon mic xfmrs!

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

Kangaruu
audio school

Re: group buy! : cinemag or lundahl ribbon mic xfmrs!

Post by Kangaruu » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:35 am

Hey guys does any one know where I can find those Shinybox audio examples with the different transformers ???

The clipolater has an extract for each but it’s played in a way that makes it quite hard and is very short .

There seems to b a consensus that the cinemag produces a more ‘musical’ tone than the lundahl
Which is thought to b more ‘accurate’ . The thing is that over the years I’ve learnt that only I will know ! Which is right for me !

Having heard my last album the maker of the mic is suggesting the cinemags only in clipolater the lundahls sound ‘bigger and warmer to me but still tru’ but it could so easily be the heavy handed playing ! I play very gentlish music despite the finger nails !

Anyone know of any ‘sound’ I can listen to ??ShinyBox across the pond or I could be checking out all three !

Thanks so much .

ulriggribbons
steve albini likes it

Re: group buy! : cinemag or lundahl ribbon mic xfmrs!

Post by ulriggribbons » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:41 am

Kangaruu wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:35 am
The thing is that over the years I’ve learnt that only I will know ! Which is right for me !
Exactly this. Go with what your ear tells you. That ShinyBox guy is a tosser, although he means well... wait.... :P