Hardly Strictly AES

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

sfsonarboy
gimme a little kick & snare

Hardly Strictly AES

Post by sfsonarboy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:33 am

With AES just around the corner, I wanted to give a shout out that there is an amazing concert event going on in San Francisco the same weekend (Oct. 3-5). Hardly Strictly Bluegrass happens in Golden Gate Park, and has IMO one of the most stellar and eclectic line-ups you'll come across. And it's free! If you're looking for a break from the conference for a bit, this is a nice option.

http://www.strictlybluegrass.com/
(Here's some of the acts listed for this yr):
The Jerry Douglas Band * Robert Plant And Alison Krauss Featuring T Bone Burnett * Peter Rowan Bluegrass Band * The Del McCoury Band * Jimmie Dale Gilmore * Steve Earle & The Bluegrass Dukes * Odetta * The Roan Mountain Hilltoppers * Joe Purdy * Jerry Jeff Walker * Robert Earl Keen * Guy Clark & Verlon Thompson * Richard Thompson * Global Drum Project Featuring Mickey Hart & Zakir Hussain * Emmylou Harris * Elvis Costello's High Whines And Spirits * Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder * Earl Scruggs * Poor Man's Whiskey * Hazel Dickens * Iris Dement

ledogboy
pushin' record

Post by ledogboy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:43 pm

Wow, there's a lot of great stuff there this year. I'm going to have to put that one on the calendar. Thanks!

Spiderhead69
steve albini likes it
Location: The Ice cream truck in my neighborhood plays Helter-Skelter

Post by Spiderhead69 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:54 pm

Don't forget too, Sigur Ros at the Greek on Oct 3rd...( Oct 2nd sold out)...
What do YOU create?

chorga1
pushin' record

Post by chorga1 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:32 pm

Also - there's a review panel for electronic music. Submit your tracks and have them reviewed in front of live audience. Cool event!

http://www.pyramind.com/evolution/test-press.html