Chicago TOMB Hang - Nov. 14th

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

Archmart
pushin' record

Post by Archmart » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:07 am

Hey Hey!

Well, you were missed, but I did where my costume.

For future reference, they didn't have any food. Man, the pretzels were good, but after a few beers, that Polish I got at some place Kolar and I swung by afterwards was like the best I've ever had.

BTW... The Map Room... They really missed the boat. In a reasonable world The Map Room would have one HUGE table, with seating all around it, with a huge world map, the North Pole right in the center, with actual ice, so that all the beers would be just sitting there keeping cold while the bartender used one of those long sticks like in war movies to slide the beers to you. I'm just sayin'.

-Archmart

Scodiddly
genitals didn't survive the freeze

Post by Scodiddly » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:13 am

Archmart wrote:BTW... The Map Room... They really missed the boat. In a reasonable world The Map Room would have one HUGE table, with seating all around it, with a huge world map, the North Pole right in the center, with actual ice, so that all the beers would be just sitting there keeping cold while the bartender used one of those long sticks like in war movies to slide the beers to you.
Excellent - let me know when you have the grand opening! 8)

channelcat
takin' a dinner break

Post by channelcat » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:29 pm

Archmart wrote:Hey Hey!

"double-beater single-kick"? Man, it was loud in there. I thought we were talking about a Glen Kotche's beef-eater jingle-stick!
Me too. And his cocktail kit!
Archmart wrote:It was fun. It's always nice to hang with fellow TapeOpers.

Now, it's interesting, this little fun we had with Mr. Pitt, and then we get there and the entire conversation orbits around Wilco. Now connect -those- two, Mr. VVV!

-Archmart
+1 - nice to see everyone, and glad to hear you made it home alright. Those DTs gave me the DTs - I was mostly useless on Saturday. Dinner would've been nice.

Until the next one!
Stu
*Proud new member of EARS Chicago*
Fearless Vampire Killer

http://www.stereophonicstudios.com

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:13 am

Archmart wrote: Now, it's interesting, this little fun we had with Mr. Pitt, and then we get there and the entire conversation orbits around Wilco. Now connect -those- two, Mr. VVV!

-Archmart
You know that scene in True Romance where Pitt is doing bongs and offers them to the mafia dudes?

He shoulda been listening to "Handshake Drugs", had it been made then.
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

Archmart
pushin' record

Post by Archmart » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:48 am

Hey Hey!

Come on. You can do better than that...