email collaboration - anyone like to?

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

cooters
gettin' sounds

Post by cooters » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:37 am

I would love to join this. i have really no one to play music with and no one to record with. I'm a bass player all the way. I really saw no one who's focus was bass. The demo is pretty. and i can already think of a million things to do with a bass. I'm into all kinds of music and exerimental is one of the top ones. :D

cooters
gettin' sounds

Post by cooters » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:39 am

Sorry about the two different posts but i joined the google group if thats cool. I'm Jim.

allyouneedisears
gettin' sounds

Post by allyouneedisears » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:41 am

cooters wrote:I would love to join this. i have really no one to play music with and no one to record with. I'm a bass player all the way. I really saw no one who's focus was bass. The demo is pretty. and i can already think of a million things to do with a bass. I'm into all kinds of music and exerimental is one of the top ones. :D
It's open to everybody, I'd love to hear what you can do with it

desdinova
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by desdinova » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:54 am

Joined the google group. I'm a synthesist trapped in a winds player's body. Most of the collab work I've done is just "treatments."

allyouneedisears
gettin' sounds

Post by allyouneedisears » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:13 pm

desdinova wrote:Joined the google group. I'm a synthesist trapped in a winds player's body. Most of the collab work I've done is just "treatments."
the more the merrier, welcome to the group.

thesimulacre
takin' a dinner break

Post by thesimulacre » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:27 pm

It's so beautiful the way it is, I'd almost hate to touch it...

...but if you insist.

amyatt1
ass engineer

Post by amyatt1 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:46 pm

This sounds fun, pretty cool track. I hear some piano or rhodes. (www.myspace.com/jamesandevander is my normal project if you care to check it out).

Did you play to a click? Whats the tempo?

allyouneedisears
gettin' sounds

Post by allyouneedisears » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:55 pm

thesimulacre wrote:It's so beautiful the way it is, I'd almost hate to touch it...

...but if you insist.
Thanks...I insist.

allyouneedisears
gettin' sounds

Post by allyouneedisears » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:08 pm

amyatt1 wrote:This sounds fun, pretty cool track. I hear some piano or rhodes. (www.myspace.com/jamesandevander is my normal project if you care to check it out).

Did you play to a click? Whats the tempo?
Yeah I'm pretty sure I did, forgive me though I don't remember the exact tempo. I'm guessing 70 bpm... Cool tunes, I'm diggin Mosswood and Webster.

allyouneedisears
gettin' sounds

Post by allyouneedisears » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:10 pm

If anybody wants the wav. file I can email it using you send it, just let me know.

thesimulacre
takin' a dinner break

Post by thesimulacre » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:15 pm

In response to the mp3 issue...

There is a free 1Gb file server known as www.box.net that I think would work for this application... I'm too tired to figure it out tonight, but Andrew if you want to set one up (since I may end up with nothing to contribute musically and thus no desire to move files around), I recall it was a rather straight forward process.

peace

allyouneedisears
gettin' sounds

Post by allyouneedisears » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:57 am

thesimulacre wrote:In response to the mp3 issue...

There is a free 1Gb file server known as www.box.net that I think would work for this application... I'm too tired to figure it out tonight, but Andrew if you want to set one up (since I may end up with nothing to contribute musically and thus no desire to move files around), I recall it was a rather straight forward process.

peace
Thanks man, I signed up for that site but the problem is they won't let me upload files bigger then 25megs... hmmm

thesimulacre
takin' a dinner break

Post by thesimulacre » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:57 pm

Looks like "sendthisfile" is the way to go after all.

umm.... way to go!

theDan
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by theDan » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:53 pm

Looks like I'll have to back out of this, sorry. Just got a whole lot of work all at once. This would have been cool though.

-Dan

allyouneedisears
gettin' sounds

Post by allyouneedisears » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:05 pm

theDan wrote:Looks like I'll have to back out of this, sorry. Just got a whole lot of work all at once. This would have been cool though.

-Dan
No worries man, we'll have to do this again with another (somebody else can have a go) song once this one is done.

On that note, how's it going guys?