1" 8 track in Nashville?

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

the brill bedroom
pushin' record

1" 8 track in Nashville?

Post by the brill bedroom » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:53 am

Anybody know a cool place in Nashville to record acoustic guitar and drums live? Singer/songwriter stuff. My favorite drummer lives down there and I'm in Boston and that's just such an inconvenience. Just need a cool sounding room, some nice mics and pres and an engineer who likes the Beatles, no big whoop. I guess the other thing is great converters to go to digical after tracking.
Last edited by the brill bedroom on Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
check out what I did on my Otrari 8 track at
http://www.myspace.com/3903599

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:10 am

I bet that if Chris Mara can't help you out himself, he could certainly point you to someone who could.

Search for him on this forum under the username: cjmnash

Good luck!

Mystic Steamship Co.
steve albini likes it

Post by Mystic Steamship Co. » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:46 pm

Last time I checked Chris does have a 1" 8 track. He is a real cool guy, and his studio is totally kickass. I assist at a new studio in Nashville that runs a 1" MCI JH110 and has an MCI 428 Console, with some good pre's, mics, and most importantly a great sounding room. Here's a link.

http://soundbarn.strongrecordings.com/new/

Neither of these studio's has much in the way of converters because they are both 100% analog, which in Nashville is a breath of fresh air. But there are several rental houses in town, so you can rent an apogee or whatever you want for not much at all.

xonlocust
tinnitus

Post by xonlocust » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:36 pm

might wanna check out

http://battletapes.com/

cjmnash
re-cappin' neve

Post by cjmnash » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:47 pm

subatomic pieces wrote:I bet that if Chris Mara can't help you out himself, he could certainly point you to someone who could.

Search for him on this forum under the username: cjmnash

Good luck!
thanks for the plug!

hey 'the brill bedroom' -hit me up- i do have access to a couple 1" 8 track machines; as well as a 2" 16 headstack for my MCI 2" 24 machine (same trackwidth as a 1" 8 trk). i also have the pres/good sound room you desire, as well as fast and easy conversion to digital after you make your magic.

-chris
cym@mindspring.com
www.welcometo1979.com
(615) 476-6272
Owner: Welcome To 1979 Studio & Mara Machines