Philly Beer Night?

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

jesse_baccus
alignin' 24-trk

Post by jesse_baccus » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:33 pm

whats this looking like? just re-relocated back to phila, in the process of setting up base, would love to get to know yous,,
? Jesse Baccus ? The Audio Engine ? Walla Walla ?

Jeff White
ghost haunting audio students

Post by Jeff White » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:06 pm

We'll have to wait for Pete to chime in about staging another night at 1935.

However, in the meantime, there is always time to get together, drink, and geek out. And it's always nice to meet new Philly peeps who are into recording or just good music in general.

What part of the city are you guys located? I'm in Port Richmond, hang out in Northern Liberties and Fishtown a whole bunch. Not as much right now because cash is tight (lost my day gig and spending cash to update my house), but I can make exceptions.

Jeff
I record, mix, and master in my Philly-based home studio, the Spacement. https://linktr.ee/ipressrecord

jesse_baccus
alignin' 24-trk

Post by jesse_baccus » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:13 am

im in olde kensington, which is adjacent to fishtown and a stones throw from nothern liberties.

i'm editing a full length at the moment, so the schedule is flexible. slated to start tracking for the next session april 6th, which will be less flexible.
? Jesse Baccus ? The Audio Engine ? Walla Walla ?

permanent hearing damage
re-cappin' neve

Post by permanent hearing damage » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:01 pm

funny thing - i've been recording records in this town for five years now and i think i know 0 other recording engineers here. i'd love to tag along and meet some of you guys.

jgimbel
carpal tunnel

Post by jgimbel » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:04 am

i saw this thread quite a while ago, i didn't know anyone was still posting on it! i go to school in philly, and i live right on the edge of it. i only do home recording so unfortunately i meet very few people as interested in recording as myself (tape op is pretty much my only interaction about it). it'd be awesome to be in touch with some folks in the area who know the difference between a single coil and a condenser mic!

Jeff White

Post by Jeff White » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:31 pm

I'm thinking that if Pete is too busy to host this at 1935 that we all pick a night and a location and get together for some beers and some recording discussions.

I'm also all for getting together in some form every month instead of every year. Seems to be a bunch of us in the area, could be fun and informative.

Sound good?

Jeff
I record, mix, and master in my Philly-based home studio, the Spacement. https://linktr.ee/ipressrecord

rydberg
pushin' record

Post by rydberg » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:24 pm

hey folks!

I went AWOL for a second there, trying to keep up with the unrelenting stream of just about everything. Looks like momentum is building for another hang since the digital signal flare went up in March. In the interest of keeping community solid and with an eye towards a large budget-minded group, let's get together at 1935 on Wednesday April 15th at 8pm for an evening of discussion, listening, geekery, and BYOB drinking. CDs and iPods are preferred formats for 2-track show and tell; if you've got multitracks and a burning desire to share (looking at your collection, Jeff) make sure to bring consolidated AIFF or WAV files. Please RSVP to:

info [at] nineteenthirtyfive [dot] com

...for directions and contact information. Looking forward to seeing you all there!
Last edited by rydberg on Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff White

Post by Jeff White » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:23 pm

Perhaps I will consolidate all of my Multi-track stuff onto DVDs and bring them over for the Studio to have... you know, as reference!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Jeff

rydberg
pushin' record

CHANGED DATE! APRIL 15TH!

Post by rydberg » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:32 am

Hey folks -

Realized I had gotten some dates turned around. Our rescheduled night is Wednesday April 15th. The post above reflects the change as well. Sorry for the confusion!

Jeff White

Post by Jeff White » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:18 pm

Who is going to be there besides Pete and I?

Jeff

alexdingley
buyin' a studio

I too will attend!

Post by alexdingley » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:11 pm

I like beer & faders... so I'm gonna try and make it.

parkpolice
audio school

Post by parkpolice » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:41 am

Wish I could come out and meet you guys. I'm a former Baltimore resident/musician who is fairly new to Philadelphia and looking to meet some other TapeOp enthusiasts/musicians/dudes with cool gear. I can't make it to this one but would love to come to another!

baronvon
gimme a little kick & snare

Post by baronvon » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:05 pm

I can't make it this time, but I'll be at the next.

Jeff White

Post by Jeff White » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:40 am

Tonight's the night!

See you all there!

Jeff

rydberg
pushin' record

Post by rydberg » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:00 pm

The general info went out so if anyone missed the boat and doesn't know what's up, drop a line to:

info [at] nineteenthirtyfive [dot] com

See you tonight!