Ted Weber - RIP

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

mrclean
pushin' record

Ted Weber - RIP

Post by mrclean » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:53 am

Just saw this obit notice for Ted Weber:

http://www.ktonline.com/obituaries/loca ... 04437.html
-- mrclean

darjama
tinnitus

Post by darjama » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:16 am

Rest in peace. Didn't know him, but the man made a great product at a fair price, which in and of itself makes him a rarity these days.

woodhenge
pushin' record
Location: Hangin' with Jake and Elwood @Bob's Country Bunker, Indiana

Post by woodhenge » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:25 am

Ted was a great guy... lost another one with a really great vision! Such a bummer.

It's kind of amazing the notoriety his products have gained in the market. Such great stuff! Even weirder is the fact that most people in Kokomo (my hometown) didn't even know the factory was there... he kept it pretty-well under the radar at the local level. Of course, all us musicians knew about it...

He was cool enough to let me check out and keep some early brit-style 12" drivers for a couple of cabinets (which rocked, btw) without charging me a dime... That's just the kind of guy he was. Very passionate. I'll definitely miss him!
insert witty comment here...

acjetnut
pushin' record

Post by acjetnut » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:37 pm

:( Sad. Never met him in person, but had a few pleasant email exchanges with him when choosing speakers. By all accounts, this was his reputation. Great speakers too. This is a loss to the guitar world that will sadly go largely unnoticed.

tdbajus
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by tdbajus » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:57 pm

acjetnut wrote::( Sad. Never met him in person, but had a few pleasant email exchanges with him when choosing speakers. By all accounts, this was his reputation. Great speakers too. This is a loss to the guitar world that will sadly go largely unnoticed.
Everyone at his company is kind and patient, as well- I've bought cabinets from them, as well as speakers, and I have always been very happy with both the service and the quality.

I truly hope they keep doing what they have been doing, because there is not enough of it in the world.