Looking to help out at an NYC-area studio

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

wing
on a wing and a prayer

Looking to help out at an NYC-area studio

Post by wing » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:48 pm

I'm looking to start work at a studio in NYC as an assistant engineer, session drummer, or paid intern. (I know paid sounds ridiculous, but I'm looking to have an income while doing what I love.)

I have many years of experience recording, producing, and playing with bands in project studios. I'm a multi-instrumentalist with over 20 years of experience on the drums, but I am also well-versed on piano and guitar and I always listen to every instrument and look for the bigger picture. I'm very familiar with recording techniques, but I'm wanting to learn more and more every day.

I'm currently working on a website, so I'm sorry that I have no available links yet. But many members of this community can vouch that I'm someone who is always hungry to do more, learn more, try more, create more. If you are in need of someone to help out in your studio, PM me and perhaps we could set up a chat in person.

Best,
Jonathan Wing

Marc Alan Goodman
george martin

Post by Marc Alan Goodman » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:40 pm

Hey Jon

We don't have any room for more paid staff at the moment but since you're in brooklyn you should come by / see the space / catch a beer / tea / snack and talk some shit. We're around whenever. Just drop a line

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:42 pm

OMFG it's wing!

trodden
on a wing and a prayer

Post by trodden » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:29 am

holy crap it is! He escaped Houston!

signorMars
re-cappin' neve

Post by signorMars » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:17 pm

Sellout. Couldn't imagine why you'd rather live in New York than Houston...
---
ross ingram
[brainville]