Looking for a cool "vibey" studio-Colorado

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Looking for a cool "vibey" studio-Colorado

Post by kslight » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:15 pm

Last time my band was in the studio we went to an old school all analog studio out in the country (in Iowa), good rooms, a few good mics, room to spread out, and the owner gave us 24 hour access for a month at a low but fair cost (considering we needed no engineer and the studio equipment was far from flawless...intermittent channels on the console, iffy audio wiring, no digital setup).

That's okay though...the vibe is always cool and we bring our own PTHD rig, conversion, pres, etc...so we don't need the studio for much besides the room, patch bay, and monitoring.

We are looking for a similar studio in Colorado, within a couple hours of Denver, as it is no longer practical to use this studio in Iowa due to most of our equipment being in Colorado. Anyone aware of a place that matches my vague description? Key points to stress...vibe, no corporate studios, no basement studios, freedom to work without an engineer, and price.

goldstar
takin' a dinner break

Post by goldstar » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:00 am

www.evergroove.com

Small place but great room and monitoring setup, and killer views of the pine forest from the live room. About an hour from central Denver.

(full disclosure: I did a lot of carpentry on this place and Brad and Jenny are friends.)

Frank