Recommend Mixing Services in Tacoma Seattle Area?

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

Rolsen
steve albini likes it

Recommend Mixing Services in Tacoma Seattle Area?

Post by Rolsen » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:35 pm

About to record our second album (probably 6-song ep), and we'd like to have someone else mix it this time. We're a three-piece, and sound kinda like Teenage Fanclub/Swervedriver meets Cheap Trick on cough medicine. We'd like to find someone who is familiar and capable with modern alt-type music, with service fees appropriate to un-signed hometown acts. I'm not even sure what typical mixing fees are on the high and low end - maybe someone could enlighten me with that, too.

In advance, thanks!

joninc
dead but not forgotten

Post by joninc » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:30 am

cheap $150/song < ------------> expensive $5000/song

i'd estimate about $1200 to $1500 to do a good job on on 6 songs. not super slick pro - not super basement lofi. decent.
the new rules : there are no rules

Recording Engineer
steve albini likes it

Post by Recording Engineer » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:05 pm

I'd recommend budgeting /charge $2000-$2500 for 6-songs... But as joninc says, you can find anywhere from super cheap to super expensive.

Rolsen
steve albini likes it

Post by Rolsen » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:55 am

Thanks guys! I'm going to admit that your figures have left me in a bit of a state of shock, for 'medium' quality mixing. This is good though, as I need to know how to plan my next move and be realistic about allocation of resources for this thing.