Interns Wanted - Clear Channel Radio Digital - NYC

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

mrdibs
gettin' sounds

Interns Wanted - Clear Channel Radio Digital - NYC

Post by mrdibs » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:39 pm

Production/Audio/Video/Editing
Internship

Posting: Full or Part Time, Credited Internship

Title: v

Dept: Entertainment Production

Company: Clear Channel Online Music & Radio

Start Date: Winter 2011/Spring Semester

Job Description:

Clear Channel Digital is looking for motivated students to intern in Entertainment Production. The dept. oversees production for live performances and video shoots, and creates original video/audio content for our network of 700 multi-format radio station websites. We work with the industry?s top recording artists and A-list celebrities.

Interns will assist in creating audio and video content including live performances, interviews, commercial spots and sizzle reels. You?ll edit footage in Final Cut Pro and work with After Effects, Pro Tools and Photoshop. Interns will also have first hand experience in setting up production for shoots. We are a completely in-house production facility so the ideal candidate would be comfortable with all facets of production from pre to post.

Requirements:

Knowledge of Final Cut Pro and/or Pro Tools is a must. Experience with After Effects, 3D and Photoshop is a plus. Some familiarity with production equipment is also a plus.
The ideal candidate must be reliable and have an excellent work ethic. We encourage you to bring original ideas to the table and work together in a group setting. You should be detail oriented and have an ability to meet strict deadlines.
You MUST be eligible to receive college credit to qualify for the internship. Additionally, each applicant must be willing to dedicate a minimum of 10 hours a week for the duration of the semester.

HOW TO APPLY:

If you are interested in applying, email ryanbucci@clearchannel.com with "Intern: Production/Editing" in the subject line. Please include your resume and days/hours of availability. We look forward to hearing from you!
For more information on Clear Channel Online Music & Radio?s proprietary music programming please reference:

www.iheartradio.com
www.z100.com
www.power1051fm.com

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:02 pm

The ideal candidate should have no ethical reservations about participating in the homogenization of art and media.

Barf.

dgrieser
steve albini likes it

Post by dgrieser » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:43 pm

Would you like to work for......Satan? :evil: :twisted:

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Post by Nick Sevilla » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:41 pm

Unless I am allowed to immediately change the entire programming for every single radio station you own...

No, thanks, I'll pass.

BTW... WTF is a "Sizzle Reel"? Sounds like a bad movie.
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

Snarl 12/8
cryogenically thawing

Post by Snarl 12/8 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:52 pm

Nick Sevilla wrote:Unless I am allowed to immediately change the entire programming for every single radio station you own...

*checks "what it takes to be a good intern" threads*
*comes back, shakes head sadly*
Carl Keil

Almost forgot: Please steal my drum tracks. and more.

Injured Ear
alignin' 24-trk

Post by Injured Ear » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:25 am

You haters are idiots.

There are few internship opportunities these days, and fewer that allow you to work in such a high-profile situation. You can hone an amazing skill set there that will help you get lots of *paying* work down the road.

Full disclosure:
I am not affiliated with the original poster, but I did a ton of freelance work there in 2009. They are the real deal and there is a lot of work to be done.

-Greg Thompson

chris harris
speech impediment

Post by chris harris » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:46 am

So, it's idiotic to have some principles regarding who you will and won't do work for?? If you have no problem with Clear Channel and their business practices, then fine. I'm sure they can find plenty of pro-corporate sucklings to help them ruin radio, live shows, and everything else they have their hands in. That doesn't mean that those of us who oppose their business practices are "idiots".

Thanks for chiming in, though.

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Post by Nick Sevilla » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:52 am

Injured Ear wrote:You haters are idiots.
There are few internship opportunities these days, and fewer that allow you to work in such a high-profile situation. You can hone an amazing skill set there that will help you get lots of *paying* work down the road.
Full disclosure:
I am not affiliated with the original poster, but I did a ton of freelance work there in 2009. They are the real deal and there is a lot of work to be done.
-Greg Thompson
Hi Greg,

So, you are in fact endorsing the company Clear Channel, but somehow distancing your self from the OP... for what purpose? What am I to gain from your perceived "distancing" between you and the OP?

Do you think that stating you are not affiliated to the OP, it makes it ok to call me an idiot? No. Unacceptable excuse.

Greg, with all due "respect" you need to grow some between the legs. If you want to insult me, go ahead. Just don't hide behind some sentence. It will not protect you. Be straightforward.

And yes, I HATE CLEAR CHANNEL.
Why? Because CLEAR CHANNEL represents a business model that has in fact changed the landscape of Radio for the worse.

Now as to the people who work there, I have a few friends who work there, and they actually share my view about what Clear Channel does. They used to work for regular radio companies until they were absorbed by Clear Channel. For them it was accept the new way of doing things, or be out of a job.

They no longer believe in radio as a viable, honest, exciting medium of communication. It is now simply a paycheck.

It is sad that Clear Channel even exists. It again proves that monopolizing any business sector is bad for business.

Cheers

Injured Ear
alignin' 24-trk

Post by Injured Ear » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:57 pm

Nick,

My opinion of Clearchannel's business practices have nothing to do with my opinion of the opportunity that particular internship presents.

I miss local radio as much as the next guy.

I stand by my first statement: There are fewer and fewer "good" internships available. You can develop some great skills and work with some big name artists and take that experience with you. Work experience in the real world is worth 100x more than anything you'll ever read on a forum. Pooh poohing the job because it is offered by THE MAN is pretty closed minded.

Obviously Nick, the initial posting wasn't directed towards someone with as much experience as yourself. I'm truly sorry your friends all have shitty jobs now, but do we really need the mud slinging?

Greg

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Post by Nick Sevilla » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:20 pm

Injured Ear wrote:Nick,

My opinion of Clearchannel's business practices have nothing to do with my opinion of the opportunity that particular internship presents.

I miss local radio as much as the next guy.

I stand by my first statement: There are fewer and fewer "good" internships available. You can develop some great skills and work with some big name artists and take that experience with you. Work experience in the real world is worth 100x more than anything you'll ever read on a forum. Pooh poohing the job because it is offered by THE MAN is pretty closed minded.

Obviously Nick, the initial posting wasn't directed towards someone with as much experience as yourself. I'm truly sorry your friends all have shitty jobs now, but do we really need the mud slinging?

Greg
You did call all of us idiots. If you don't like mudslinging then
don't sling mud.

Cheers

Recycled_Brains
resurrected

Post by Recycled_Brains » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:48 am

I'LL SEE YOU BEHIND THE PLAYGROUND AT 3 O'CLOCK!!!

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!
Ryan Slowey
Albany, NY

http://maggotbrainny.bandcamp.com

mrdibs
gettin' sounds

Post by mrdibs » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:18 pm

Must be nice to be so idealistic. Those of us who have families to feed are happy to have jobs.

This thread was started to offer a legit opportuinity to what I thought was a legit community, not open a debate on what you percieve is wrong with the radio industry.

If you don't want it, don't apply. There are many other people around here who might, so let's be respectful of them.