Milwaukee - Cherry Cake ca. 1985-ish? Die Kruezen?

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

wayne kerr
ears didn't survive the freeze

Milwaukee - Cherry Cake ca. 1985-ish? Die Kruezen?

Post by wayne kerr » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:59 pm

OK hipsters, put your rememberers on overdrive. I'm thinking it was around 1985 or so when I saw this great band from Milwaukee called Cherry Cake. One of the guys in the band also played in Die Kreuzen. Anybody remember this band? Know anything about them? HAVE ANY RECORDS? Would love to get my hands on those recordings. I'm sure these guys toured around the midwest and did the Milwaukee-Madison-Chicago-Iowa City-Des Moines-LaCrosse-Minneapolis-Duluth-Green Bay circuit. In fact, I must have seen them in Ann Arbor, maybe opening for the Femmes? Guh.

Any info would be most appreciated and repaid with a lifetime supply of my undying gratitude and maybe a few zerberts if you're lucky.
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

wayne kerr

Post by wayne kerr » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Don't everybody all post at once! :lol:
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

MoreSpaceEcho
zen recordist

Post by MoreSpaceEcho » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:16 pm

you should ask this question on the electrical board. $25 says someone there will know.

wayne kerr

Post by wayne kerr » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:25 am

MoreSpaceEcho wrote:you should ask this question on the electrical board. $25 says someone there will know.
Dude! You are a genius. Good show!
-Hunter S. Thompson

studiodog
alignin' 24-trk

Post by studiodog » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:31 am

they may have been called cherry pie not cake - there is a band still playing under that name that sounds like what your looking for.
"...because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darnit, people like me!"

CraigS63
suffering 'studio suck'

Post by CraigS63 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:39 pm

My friend Ron in Milwaukee said:

I have the Cherry Cake cassette from back then plus a whole show on video - same era. Keith from Die Kreuzen played with them much later, including their 2008 show after singer Steve Whalen got released from prison. http://youtu.be/1IvvbcK--p4

wayne kerr

Post by wayne kerr » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:29 am

studiodog wrote:they may have been called cherry pie not cake - there is a band still playing under that name that sounds like what your looking for.
Definitely not Cherry Pie, but thanks!
-Hunter S. Thompson

wayne kerr

Post by wayne kerr » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:32 am

CraigS63 wrote:My friend Ron in Milwaukee said:

I have the Cherry Cake cassette from back then plus a whole show on video - same era. Keith from Die Kreuzen played with them much later, including their 2008 show after singer Steve Whalen got released from prison. http://youtu.be/1IvvbcK--p4
:D

I don't suppose Ron would be willing to make a copy of that cassette for me, eh?
-Hunter S. Thompson