Anything Pittsburgh

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

karlyn
audio school

Anything Pittsburgh

Post by karlyn » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:09 am

I'm new to the Pittsburgh area and I'm looking to get involved in a studio or label as soon as possible. Just wondering if anybody has any advice regarding where to look/who to talk to in the area. My primary interest and experience lies in engineering however I'd like to eventually learn the label side of things and eventually build some instruments and gear.

If you've got any ideas, by all means, don't be shy. Thanks a lot guys. Be well.

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Re: Anything Pittsburgh

Post by Nick Sevilla » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:28 am

karlyn wrote:I'm new to the Pittsburgh area and I'm looking to get involved in a studio or label as soon as possible. Just wondering if anybody has any advice regarding where to look/who to talk to in the area. My primary interest and experience lies in engineering however I'd like to eventually learn the label side of things and eventually build some instruments and gear.

If you've got any ideas, by all means, don't be shy. Thanks a lot guys. Be well.
Hi Karlyn,

I'd start by going to local musican hangouts, and finding out what recording studios exist there in P-burgh.

As far as what you want to do, working in a label, is not at all like making your own instrument. I would focus on what your strengths are, and what you like to do most. Then pursue that.

Cheers
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.

Qlevel
audio school graduate

Post by Qlevel » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:03 am

I'd check out Treelady Studios in Turtle Creek, PA. It's one of the larger studios in the area and I've sent a few records to be mastered there by Garrett Haines. Also, I would recommend looking at some of the smaller studios that may be looking for help. The best way to find them is talking to local bands/musicians and getting recommendations.

Jon Nolan
tinnitus

Post by Jon Nolan » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:09 am

Qlevel wrote:I'd check out Treelady Studios in Turtle Creek, PA. It's one of the larger studios in the area and I've sent a few records to be mastered there by Garrett Haines. Also, I would recommend looking at some of the smaller studios that may be looking for help. The best way to find them is talking to local bands/musicians and getting recommendations.