Cool used guitar store in San Diego?

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

pwrb
gettin' sounds

Cool used guitar store in San Diego?

Post by pwrb » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:34 am

I'll be visiting relatives over the holidays, in San Diego, and was hoping to check out any cool guitar stores there might be. Any suggestions? (I've been to Buffalo Brothers and enjoyed it, but found it a bit too high end and slanted toward pricey Fender relic'ed guitars... I'm more looking for low-key neighborhoody shop with a good variety of old guitars, both high end and low end.)
Thanks for any pointers...
-Pete

My band's two new instrumental albums:
http://weisstronauts.bandcamp.com

klangtone
pushin' record

Post by klangtone » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:38 pm

Well, it's not a neighborhood place and it's in North County (Escondido), but Super Sound Music is cool.

http://supersoundmusic.com/index.php

Roy
www.rarefiedrecording.com
"No matter how corrupt, greedy, and heartless our government, our corporations, our media,
and our religious and charitable institutions may become, the music will still be wonderful." -Kurt Vonnegut

pwrb
gettin' sounds

Post by pwrb » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:26 am

Thanks, Roy. Looks more my style than the other ones I've found online. Will check it out when I'm out there.

FWIW, doing a web search for "san diego guitar store vintage" (etc.) mostly yields instrument repair places, as well as places to get guitar lessons. Oh, and, uh, Guitar Center. Odd.

-Pete

klangtone
pushin' record

Post by klangtone » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:29 am

No prob, Pete.

Yeah, it's kind of lame that there aren't good vintage type guitar shops in San Diego. I'm sure if you go up to LA you'll find a lot.

Roy
www.rarefiedrecording.com
"No matter how corrupt, greedy, and heartless our government, our corporations, our media,
and our religious and charitable institutions may become, the music will still be wonderful." -Kurt Vonnegut