DJ in DC metro area for wedding

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

KennyLusk
dead but not forgotten

DJ in DC metro area for wedding

Post by KennyLusk » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:19 am

Is there anyone on the boards here that is a DJ in the DC metro area doing parties in NOVA? My daughter's getting married in May in Alexandria, VA and she's searching for a DJ.

Thanks
"The mushroom states its own position very clearly. It says, "I require the nervous system of a mammal. Do you have one handy?" Terrence McKenna

sears
steve albini likes it

Post by sears » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:16 pm

I was married in Alexandria. But I don't know a party DJ.

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:20 pm

Congratulations Kenny. Here's a link you could check out (see below). But do you think she'd consider having a live band instead? There are some great bands out there, and DJ's often cost just as much these days. Hate to see musicians losing work...

GJ

http://www.thepros.com/landing/index.as ... Js&wm_sd=1

KennyLusk
dead but not forgotten

Post by KennyLusk » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:17 pm

Greg, thanks for the link.

I've tried to talk her into hiring a band instead but she's got this idea in her head of how she wants everything to be. There are a lot of great bands in that area for sure. Hopefully someone here on TOMB will turn up that's a pro DJ. I'd at least like to give someone here a job.

In the mean time, the link you posted looks like a good resource and I appreciate that.
"The mushroom states its own position very clearly. It says, "I require the nervous system of a mammal. Do you have one handy?" Terrence McKenna