anyone in PDX have an HD24?

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

inasilentway
gettin' sounds

anyone in PDX have an HD24?

Post by inasilentway » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:43 am

Hey Portland friends!

I have a hard drive from a live show that was multi-tracked to the venue's in-house HD24. I need to get the files off the drive and onto my computer so I can mix it down. Can anyone with the Firewire capabilities hook me up with a transfer? I'll buy you a 6-pack of a nice craft microbrew of your choice, and you can keep the hard drive after.

wasn't sure if this belonged here or in buy/sell/trade so mods move if it's in the wrong spot.
"some kinds of love, the possibilities are endless"

Snarl 12/8
cryogenically thawing

Post by Snarl 12/8 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:40 pm

Carl Keil

Almost forgot: Please steal my drum tracks. and more.

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:42 pm

Not in Portland, but all you need to do is download HD24tools, take the hard drive out of its chassis, plug it into an IDE port (or get an adapter to USB or SATA), and import through HD24tools. Super easy.

inasilentway
gettin' sounds

Post by inasilentway » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:37 am

I know about the program, but I have a Macbook Pro and so would need to buy a USB adapter that would likely only get used this one time. That's why I was hoping to spend the money on some Caldera IPA and crack a beer with someone while the files transfer instead.

I also go to Seattle a lot, offer applicable there as well.

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:29 pm

Maybe try the Yahoo HD24 group? I'd be happy to help, but it'd probably be cheaper for you to buy the adapter than to ship back and forth to Kansas City!

Snarl 12/8
cryogenically thawing

Post by Snarl 12/8 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:27 pm

I could loan you my old mac tower and a monitor/keyboard/mouse for a week.

ck
Carl Keil

Bro Shark
re-cappin' neve

Post by Bro Shark » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:15 pm

Technically improper use of lmgtfy. Assumes the OP already knows about hd24tools, which is not evidently true in the thread topic.

Snarl 12/8
cryogenically thawing

Post by Snarl 12/8 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:19 pm

I don't know, I think it's totally in the spirit at least, since I had to pre-google the actual problem in order to find out about hd24tools. (I didn't know about it. I've never used an hd24.) I just saved him a step. I did actually think about that before I posted that, but thought I'd take the risk that no one would be pedantic enough to call me on it.
Carl Keil

inasilentway
gettin' sounds

Post by inasilentway » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:39 pm

well, thanks for helping. I'm glad someone thought to google it for me, I was having the damnedest time trying to figure out how to do a google.

inasilentway
gettin' sounds

Post by inasilentway » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:05 pm

update: I managed to get access to a Fireport while traveling, but I have a brand brand new Macbook Pro and the transfer utility wasn't playing nice with this version of OSX. Still need a hand with this.

Snarl 12/8
cryogenically thawing

Post by Snarl 12/8 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:17 pm

I'll loan you my old G4 mac for a week. I haven't used it in over a year. I'd have to double check that it boots. It runs OS 9 and OS X and it's easy to open up and stick hard drives into, so you'd have a lot of flexibility as to how to approach the problem. I could also loan you a Linux computer, but I dunno how comfortable you are with Linux or what software tools exist to help you.
Carl Keil

carlmarx
audio school

Re: anyone in PDX have an HD24?

Post by carlmarx » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:18 am

Hi there, nice computer discussion it is. Do you know how I can work with Notepad++ on Mac? I need to edit PHP code for my Wordpress site but I have never done this before.

carlmarx
audio school

Re: anyone in PDX have an HD24?

Post by carlmarx » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:35 am

By the way I use Notepad++ for that sort of operation, but recently a guy in this website warned me about some king of malware. Never heard of it before, but after reading your post I got kinda scared. So I changed my mind and will not be using it. I found notepad++ text editor alternatives so that on my Mac I could work without any fear ever since. But if you have doubts about anything, just let me know.