Looking for graphic design help - Moog-related project

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

mjau
speech impediment

Looking for graphic design help - Moog-related project

Post by mjau » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:41 pm

Hey y'all,
I run a small history museum in Ithaca, NY, and we're working on a project about the birth of the Moog synth (which happened in Trumansburg, the town next door to us). We're capturing oral histories from a bunch of people who knew Bob in those early years - musicians, coworkers, contemporaries, etc., and we'll eventually turn that into an archive and exhibit.

Anyway, it's a cool project, and like everything else we do, we have next to no budget! So...is there anyone out there with a background in design that might be interested in helping us on the project? Namely, we could use some help with logo design as well as outlining a basic visual identity. I can't offer much - some small $ honoraria and all the glory of having your name associated with what's potentially a very worthwhile project.

PM me if you're interested and I can get you more details on what we're up to! Thanks!

Scott

Gregg Juke
cryogenically thawing

Post by Gregg Juke » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:56 pm

Can't really help with the graphic design, but I'm in Buffalo, so let me know if you're coming up to do any interviews or anything... Also, as time becomes available, I might be able to do some legwork or make calls up here if you need stuff like that. I got a great tour of the Moog facility back I n high school (1981, I think); I took an electronic music class and that was a bonus field trip! Bob was gone by then, but it was an awesome and memorable experience.

GJ
Gregg Juke
Nocturnal Productions Music Group
Drum! Magazine Contributor
http://MightyNoStars.com

"He's about to learn the most important lesson in the music business-- 'Never trust people in the music business.' "

mjau
speech impediment

Post by mjau » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:27 pm

Awesome, thanks Greg! PMing you now.