recording/band project in or around Montclair NJ

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

kuene
takin' a dinner break

recording/band project in or around Montclair NJ

Post by kuene » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:17 am

Hey. So I'm an ex-brooklynite dad who moved to the burbs for some space, outdoor grilling, and peace and quiet on the weekends. I played out occasionally and recorded with friends when I lived in the city - looking to maybe do that again with 1 or 2 like-minded individuals. I've got enough gear to record and dick around with, and a decent little attic mix/production space set up.

I can have pretty eclectic tastes, but here are some things I really like: The War On Drugs, The Kinks, Ghost Is Born era Wilco and Loose Fur, Deerhunter, Big Star, Dylan, Al Green, Built To Spill, Malkmus, etc. I want to make rock, both the loud and the quiet type - and I'm not afraid of the occasional synth or drum machine.

It makes no difference, but chances are if you are in the burbs near here you are a dad with some kind of other full time job - and that probably makes sense. Or a mom I suppose, don't want to be sexist.

some of my older band/solo projects can be found here: http://www.fancydancerecords.com

I think I've learned a lot about recording/mixing in the meantime.

ps: I have my drums in the garage - though I wonder just how much I can push my poor neighbors with that setup. I was a little surprised to hear how little a garage does to contain the sound. pretty much nothing.

-Andrew