Looking for someone to share my studio in Los Angeles

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

phillip haut
ass engineer

Looking for someone to share my studio in Los Angeles

Post by phillip haut » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:44 pm

Hi. I'm looking for someone who want's half of the time at my studio located at 56th and Soto south of downtown LA. It was built a few years ago by Jack Name, Don Bolles and Geza X in part of a warehouse space at The Escarpment, a building complex used as a film location. Technically it's in Huntington Park.

The studio has a control room, tracking room, bathroom and another room located beneath the control room.

Gear:
Ampex MM1100 2" 16 track - fully functional
RADAR 24 with Nyquist i/o
Soundcraft 600 with Jim Williams upgrades
EMT 140
PT 9 with Lynx Hilo interface optical out to RADAR for summing OTB
Lots of outboard gear.

Recordings: Ariel Pink, Naps, Jammy and the Smack, The Judy Experience, Sneaky Snake, White Fence, She Wolf, Moira Scar. Mastering for Human Ear Music

I'm looking for someone interested in weekdays until 7PM. Generally I'm in there nights and weekends. This is flexible. Your portion of the rent would be $800/month. This is also flexible depending on time. I can email pictures. Please PM me with any questions.

Thanks,
Phillip

DrummerMan
george martin

Post by DrummerMan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:15 pm

That sounds like a sweet setup. If I was downtown and wasn't already building a studio at my place I'd seriously consider it. Those are good hours for composers and you know there's a shit ton of us out here without the facilities to do what we want to do well (and maybe even a few who know how to utilize such a facility).

If you were interested in checking out that avenue you might consider posting in the GS "Music for Picture" forum. Might find someone who fits your needs.
Geoff Mann
composer | drummer | Los Angeles, CA

Summertone
audio school

Post by Summertone » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:35 pm

pmed!