Any Asheville Peeps here???

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

pandemic
pushin' record

Any Asheville Peeps here???

Post by pandemic » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:51 pm

Hi all,
I was wondering if there is anyone on here from Asheville. I searched and did not come up with much. Anyway, maybe we could do a meetup if there is enough of us. I just opened a seriously small studio in Woodfin and would like to meet some other folks in the area.....
Good Luck At Any Cost

pandemic
pushin' record

Post by pandemic » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:49 am

chirp chirp chirp.....
Good Luck At Any Cost

jckinnick
buyin' a studio

Post by jckinnick » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:21 am

pandemic wrote:chirp chirp chirp.....
Im from Johnson City just over the mountain an about an hour away.

cgarges
zen recordist

Post by cgarges » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:00 am

I dont't think there are too many Asheville-sepcific folks on here, but there are a number of folks from Charlotte, Knoxville, and the Triangle area.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC

Jeff White
ghost haunting audio students

Post by Jeff White » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:08 am

I used to live in Asheville. Went to college for music and recording at UNCA, actually. Love that town. How's the scene been? Been digging Floating Action a bunch. Friends here in Philly in some bigger and smaller bands always end up down there for gigs, studios, etc. Seems like everyone who I know loves Asheville.

Jeff
I record, mix, and master in my Philly-based home studio, the Spacement. https://linktr.ee/ipressrecord

jckinnick
buyin' a studio

Post by jckinnick » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:19 pm

Jeff White wrote:I used to live in Asheville. Went to college for music and recording at UNCA, actually. Love that town. How's the scene been? Been digging Floating Action a bunch. Friends here in Philly in some bigger and smaller bands always end up down there for gigs, studios, etc. Seems like everyone who I know loves Asheville.

Jeff

I think Angel Olson moved to Asheville recently, and Jackson Scott made his debut album there, but I don't know if he has moved since then. Can't forget Greg Cartwright of Reigning Sound, he is a long time resident.