Looking for Analog Mixing Studio in NY area!

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

supermonster
audio school

Looking for Analog Mixing Studio in NY area!

Post by supermonster » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:51 am

Hello TOMB!
I am looking for a studio to re-mix recordings for upcoming vinyl reissues.

I need to re-mix an album recorded on 1? 16-track tapes. My preference is to always keep everything in the analog domain, if possible. This specific recording is of a master Haitian Vodou drummer and his ensemble.

Experience with older tapes is a huge plus.

I only need a studio for mixing purposes. I already have a mastering engineer that I work with.

I am based in the NY metropolitan area (not far from JFK Airport), but willing to travel anywhere in the area (by car) for the right situation. I?ll drive to CT, NJ, MA, VT, ME, wherever. All of my studio connections are on the West coast, so I figured this was a good place to start my quest for an awesome studio/mixing engineer on the East coast.

Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Feel free to PM me for my email address/phone number and any more info.

Nick Sevilla
on a wing and a prayer

Post by Nick Sevilla » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:08 pm

If I were you,
I would transfer the 16 track to digital.

Especially if they are older tapes. They will not hold up to being played back a hundred times or more during the mixdown.
Once in the digital domain, the sound quality will be exactly the same every time you play back from a DAW.

Cheers
Howling at the neighbors. Hoping they have more mic cables.