Quick Academic Survey on Your Recording Archiving Habits

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

TapeOpDave
TapeOp Admin
TapeOp Admin

Quick Academic Survey on Your Recording Archiving Habits

Post by TapeOpDave » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:14 am

Jodi Shapiro is a former Tape Op contributor, and has a recording research project for her Masters Degree at Queens College. Take a minute to help her out and contribute to the study!

Hello friends,

Are you a musician? A composer? Do you work in a recording studio? If so, please consider helping me do a little field research.

My research partner Michael and I are looking for musicians and the people that are involved in the act of recording them to answer some questions about if, how and why they document the creative process.

About Michael and I: We?re both getting our MSLIS degrees, and this survey is for our capstone project which we need to complete in order to graduate. We?re also both musicians (he plays drums, I play guitar) and archivists. The goal of our research project is to get an idea if musicians/composers/engineers/studio staff regularly incorporate archival practices into their daily workflows, and a few other associated questions.

The questionnaire can be found at this link:
http://goo.gl/forms/1MvoY3Skur

You can only answer this questionnaire once. It's pretty short, so it shouldn't take too much of your time.

It does not matter if you are a bedroom hobbyist or the head honcho of a big recording studio. It does not matter if you tour 300 days a year, or not at all. It does not matter what type of music you record or play. All participants are welcome! All we ask is that you are honest in your answers (you know there are no wrong answers, right?) and to pass along the link to the survey if you know people who might want to participate.

The questionnaire is anonymous, but if you choose to talk to us a little about your answers, we will welcome that as well. There is an optional field in the questionnaire for you to give us a way to contact you. To repeat: WE WILL NOT IDENTIFY YOU BY NAME IN OUR FINAL PRESENTATION UNLESS YOU TELL US IT IS OKAY TO DO SO. All of the answers we gather through this questionnaire will be presented as part of a research paper/slideshow presentation in anonymous, aggregate form.

We will be collecting responses until April 28th, 2015.

Your consideration is appreciated!

- Jodi Shapiro

kslight
mixes from purgatory

Post by kslight » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:59 am

I can't get past the third page (where it asks what software you use) will not continue when I click. I have tried refreshing/etc. Using an iPhone.

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:17 am

Mine went thru off a laptop, using Chrome, no problem.
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

JGriffin
zen recordist

Post by JGriffin » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:08 pm

worked fine for me in Firefox.
"Jeweller, you've failed. Jeweller."

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/