Etsy is buying Reverb

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

ubertar
ears didn't survive the freeze

Etsy is buying Reverb

Post by ubertar » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:27 am

For $275 million. I'm not sure what the implications of this will be, but it seemed worth noting, and keeping an eye on.

markjazzbassist
tinnitus

Re: Etsy is buying Reverb

Post by markjazzbassist » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:42 am

yeah i just read this as well. if you read up on the current owner of Reverb and Chicago Music Exchange, he does this with things he creates. He had some business he sold so he could buy CME for 7.5 million. I'd say he made out pretty well (and he still owns CME).

I love CME, to me its the best music store in the country hands down. I also love Reverb as it's simpler and takes less of a cut than eBay. I do use Etsy and like their site, i've never sold on their though so i'm not familiar with their fee structure.

time will tell

Magnetic Services
suffering 'studio suck'

Re: Etsy is buying Reverb

Post by Magnetic Services » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:01 am

I do some content creation for Reverb, and they sent out a memo a while ago saying the company will continue to be independently run and the acquisition won't really change any of the day-to-day operations. I'd wager that the change of CEO will have more repercussions, but who can say?