Digital Console with 1 fader?? (Sound City Movie)

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

alexdingley
buyin' a studio

Digital Console with 1 fader?? (Sound City Movie)

Post by alexdingley » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:37 am

Just a point of curiosity — I was re-watching Sound City, the other night... and they talk about how Keith Olson broke away to start his "all digital" studio, next door to Sound City. I suppose this is late-80's / 1990-ish. Tom Petty remarked in the interview that the new studio only had, like... 1 fader.

They show a picture of the control room, but it's quick and I can't make out what console manufacturer it was... I've done a fair bit of google-searching, but can't seem to a find the studio name, nor has an image-search come up with consoles that look like that board.

Anyone know what that thing was?

PS: if you haven't watched the movie, it's a good one. You absolutely don't have to be a Foo Fighters fan to enjoy it.

winky dinglehoffer
buyin' a studio

Re: Digital Console with 1 fader?? (Sound City Movie)

Post by winky dinglehoffer » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:32 pm

If memory serves: Keith Olsen was the guy--can't remember the studio name. The console was the Trident Di-An. I saw or read something about it somewhere recently but don't remember details.

Pullmaney
audio school

Re: Digital Console with 1 fader?? (Sound City Movie)

Post by Pullmaney » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:31 pm

It really was a pretty good movie, even if I'm not a fan of that kind of movie. However, now I have a much greater passion for serials, especially Turkish ones. I like their language, and it sounds pretty cute that's why I started learning it. The series is a good and easy source of learning. More, I rely on those with English subtitles to actually hear the pronunciation of the word. I found a pretty good site, and for a while, I got used to looking here https://turkiseries.com/titles/75/hercai . More I prefer detective series with little love than melodrama. They are pretty long, about 2 hours.