Help? Looking for 16 track A>D conversion in Nashville

Regional activities, relevant news, job openings, studio searches, local beer nights (not a forum to plug the new album you just worked on)

Moderator: drumsound

calebrwilliams
ass engineer

Help? Looking for 16 track A>D conversion in Nashville

Post by calebrwilliams » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:52 pm

Hey all. It's been so long since I've been on this board, but always found great info and help here in past years.

So here's the deal: I've been out of the audio world for several years now but I still have an Otari 16 track 1" machine at my place and a bunch of tapes I'd like to convert to digital tracks but only have 2 channels of I/O and an old imac with some old version of protools haven't used it years. In particular, a friend is wanting raw tracks of an album we did years ago of which the artist has since passed in a battle with cancer and wants to remix and re-release at the album's 10 yr anniversary.

The machine weighs like 300lbs and is in my basement, so is there anyone with a simple 16 channel I/O set up that is somewhat mobile that I could pay a small fee to let me use to convert my tapes? Doesn't need to be top notch conversion quality.

OR someone that already has a 16 track 1" set up with dig I/O but I know that is highly unlikely...but if anywhere it would be Nashville right?

OR a solid place to rent something like that? I know Blackbird does but assume it would be high $$$.

Also while I'm here, the end goal is to sell the machine once I get this all done so I'll throw that out there, but may be some time before I'm ready for that step.

Thanks in advance.

digitaldrummer
ghost haunting audio students

Re: Help? Looking for 16 track A>D conversion in Nashville

Post by digitaldrummer » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:23 pm

Mike
www.studiodrumtracks.com -- Drum tracks starting at $50!
www.doubledogrecording.com

drumsound
zen recordist

Re: Help? Looking for 16 track A>D conversion in Nashville

Post by drumsound » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:58 pm

You could probably rent something from Blackbird. They have damn near everything.