Indie dance + The National = needs feedback

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

pootkao
gettin' sounds

Indie dance + The National = needs feedback

Post by pootkao » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:25 am

taken offline
Last edited by pootkao on Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I choose not the suffocating anaesthetic of the suburbs, but the violent jolt of the capital, that is my choice." (Virginia Woolf)

pootkao
gettin' sounds

Post by pootkao » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:05 pm

Nobody?

I'm gonna take it down Monday afternoon. Gotta get it off to mastering.
"I choose not the suffocating anaesthetic of the suburbs, but the violent jolt of the capital, that is my choice." (Virginia Woolf)

JohnDavisNYC
ghost haunting audio students

Post by JohnDavisNYC » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:42 pm

sounds very 'ITB'... it seems to be missing some impact and density from the drums... also, the live drums have a few slightly sloppy moments in terms of the playing, so i feel like a bigger, maybe more blown out sound could possibly help them sit in the mix and give it some energy....

the vocals and treatments are cool, but there is just a lack of depth and aggression to the sound that would make the dancey elements work better with the live elements. nothing is really making a statement sonically, but all the basic elements are there... something just needs to pop out and kick you in the balls...

john
i like to make music with music and stuff and things.

http://www.thebunkerstudio.com/

pootkao
gettin' sounds

Post by pootkao » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:42 am

thanks!

yeah, its mostly ITB - drums are run out through UA pre into a dbx 165. drums are also just 2 mono mics, so maybe i'll play around with some slap delays or bouncy verbs to get some life going.