Biggest Grind Guitars Ever.

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

Kevin Kitchel
buyin' gear

Post by Kevin Kitchel » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:07 pm

There is a bunch of rare stuff, but nothing that is unreleased. If you are a collector, I bet you would have most of it already.

Brett Siler
moves faders with mind

Post by Brett Siler » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:03 am

That song ruled and so did the recording! Thanks for posting that I really want to pick up an album by this band now.

Speaking of grind. Everone always talks about Napalm Death but what about Repulsion? They were underrated innovators of grind.

Recycled_Brains
resurrected

Post by Recycled_Brains » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:08 am

Johnny B wrote:How is that 2-disc set? I've wondered if the stuff on the second disc was worth picking it up or not.
i don't like all of it. i can't get into that stuff they did during their "experimental" phase. a lot of it is good though. like the other fella said, it's all been released before, so if you have the majority of their collection, you've probably got it all already.
Ryan Slowey
Albany, NY

http://maggotbrainny.bandcamp.com

mcsquishytooshy
gettin' sounds

Post by mcsquishytooshy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:53 pm

oh god yes.
this is freakin' brutal.
I loved murderworks.

the sound reminds me of the shit on
Dismember - Death Metal.

Kevin Kitchel
buyin' gear

Post by Kevin Kitchel » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:03 am

InvalidInk wrote:That song ruled and so did the recording! Thanks for posting that I really want to pick up an album by this band now.

Speaking of grind. Everone always talks about Napalm Death but what about Repulsion? They were underrated innovators of grind.
Ever since the Relapse and Southern Lord re-issues, I think they are over-rated! I'm not hatin' on anyone here, but the rest of the internet seems like a bunch of Johnny-come-latelys to Repulsion. No one seems to remember the terrible band Dejecta that came next!

syrupcore
deaf.

Post by syrupcore » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:17 am

wow. I dunno anything about grind and now I want to. that song friggin ruled.

not exactly recorded in a living room... http://www.soundsupreme.fi/page.php?id=3

any finns around to maybe interview the engineer?