reggatta de blanc

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

nipsy
pushin' record

reggatta de blanc

Post by nipsy » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:12 am

for some strange reason, I happened to stumble across my high school graduation year book and on my page I quoted the chorus from walking on the moon..."Some, may say, I'm wishin my days...." and got all nostalgic and thru it on...holy crap...what a great bass sound..full with just a bit of break up on the end & the drumming, well, words cant describe...

great record.....

"never really noticed how big my feet were till i kicked you in the shins..."

(sorry to date myself...)

Flight Feathers
re-cappin' neve

Post by Flight Feathers » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:35 am

i love all the police records. the early ones have that awsome raw but well recorded energy. the police records are a definite case of the sound coming 100% from the musicians. stewart copeland's snare sound is on the short list of "ultimate snare".
5D Studios <-- my OLD studio
Flight Feathers <-- my band

Mr PC
buyin' gear

Post by Mr PC » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:19 pm

That brings back a memory from my first week at college. It was in '83 and Synchronicity had been out. It was summer/early fall and I had some reason to walk around the outside of the dorm, probably looking for a buddy. Anyhoo, I heard through the open windows a song off of every Police record by the time I circled the building. It was total Police at Miami U. (Ohio).

PC
I don't know karate but I know ka-razy!

JGriffin
zen recordist

Post by JGriffin » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:50 am

Mr PC wrote:That brings back a memory from my first week at college. It was in '83 and Synchronicity had been out. It was summer/early fall and I had some reason to walk around the outside of the dorm, probably looking for a buddy. Anyhoo, I heard through the open windows a song off of every Police record by the time I circled the building. It was total Police at Miami U. (Ohio).

PC
I had a similar experience with Van Halen's "5150" when I went to college.
"Jeweller, you've failed. Jeweller."

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/

lyman
re-cappin' neve

Post by lyman » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:52 pm

dwlb wrote:
Mr PC wrote:That brings back a memory from my first week at college. It was in '83 and Synchronicity had been out. It was summer/early fall and I had some reason to walk around the outside of the dorm, probably looking for a buddy. Anyhoo, I heard through the open windows a song off of every Police record by the time I circled the building. It was total Police at Miami U. (Ohio).

PC
for me it was the dave matthews band. :shock:

JGriffin
zen recordist

Post by JGriffin » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:11 pm

lyman wrote:
dwlb wrote:

PC

I no longer weep for the future; now I weep for the present.
"Jeweller, you've failed. Jeweller."

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analog. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." ? Brian Eno

All the DWLB music is at http://dwlb.bandcamp.com/

drumsound
zen recordist

Post by drumsound » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:43 pm

lyman wrote:
dwlb wrote:

PC
It was INXS Kick when I went to college.