life after the move. living room metal

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

rich
alignin' 24-trk

life after the move. living room metal

Post by rich » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:29 pm

so after 5 years of running a studio as a business in various locations i decided to pack it in and take all the stuff home. i figured it was time to go back to doing it for fun. so i find these local hardcore kids and the help me unwire, move and rewire an entire studio. i think thats a swell thing to do so i tell em ill cut em a demo for fun. 20 hours later theyve got a finished product they like so much they are putting it on vinyl. makes me feel pretty damn good.

heres a song. like any recording ive ever done theres stuff that i dont like alot and theres stuff i do. all recorded loud and live in an old funeral home where i live.

http://media.putfile.com/04---Track-4-28

tell me what you think

nystrec
gettin' sounds

Post by nystrec » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:34 am

I think it sounds great man. Maybe turn the guitars up just a tad, but I wouldn't of noticed if I weren't really nit picking the recording. Great job.

rich
alignin' 24-trk

Post by rich » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:16 am

yeah thats one of my probs with it overall as well. thing was it was one of those mixes where they kept asking for things to come up, then things would disappear, id try and bring them up then freqs would phase. in the end it was all in the red. guys were going for a really heavy wall of mud. first mixes i did they told me it sounded to slick. haha, not often that thats a problem.