posting full album - daytime volume

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

campironwood
ass engineer

posting full album - daytime volume

Post by campironwood » Tue May 02, 2006 2:51 pm

hey guys, i just finished a pet project of mine that has been going on for almost 3 years. i'm streaming the whole record @ www.problemsolvingskills.org

i'd be curious to get some feedback.
this was recorded at home but tweaked at several cool studios (tiny telephone and jackpot to name a few)

enjoy!

-Morgan

Phiz
buyin' gear

Post by Phiz » Tue May 02, 2006 6:17 pm

I've been listening to this at work today. So not the most attentive listen I could have given it. The heavy echo and filtered vocal tone on the first track turned me off, but otherwise seemed like something I could get into. My work came to the forefront and I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention.

Then "Blurry Eyes" came on and I for the first time was drawn in. I didn't realize it at first but the echo and vocal filtering was gone. Enjoyed that track and the final one - and for more reasons than just the mix. The lyrics and soft spoken vocals on Blurry Eyes resonated with me. The fitting fret noise was appreciated too.

Nice job.