The Synchronicity Concert

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

lancebug
re-cappin' neve

Post by lancebug » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:03 am

Synchronicity in San Diego with Madness and Oingo Boingo opening (...I think, at 16 I brought in a milk jug full of kool-aid and vodka. Try doing that now.). The press of the crowd lifted me off the ground. Used to have a concert I taped off the radio from 1978 also in San Diego. They were always tight. Glad they broke up before it went seriously down hill.

Around the same year I saw, in ths order, at Jack Murphy Stadium:

Uriah Heap
Eddie Money
Motley Crue
Def Leppard..and the headline act....
A Fireworks Display

2 liter bottle of diet coke and 6 different alcohols skimmed from friends parents liquor cab. In the 80's you could bring in just about anything.

Love how they stuck eddie money in there.

But my all time favorite show of the 80's was definately Stevie Ray Vaughn at the county fair, free with admission to the fair in Del Mar ($4?). He was not super well known at the time ('84-'85?). He played at sunset and was all sweaty and orange in the light. I saw him two more times after that (and he was always great) but no show I have ever seen by anyone has been as good.