new LEMONHEADS album is terrific! TapeOp article please?!

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

jcooke
gettin' sounds

new LEMONHEADS album is terrific! TapeOp article please?!

Post by jcooke » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:46 am

What a return for the Lemonheads. This album is a cross between Lovey and Come on Feel. Evan Dando is truly the best pop/rock writer of the last 20 years imho. I hope he continues to stay off the drugs!!! Say no to crack Evan!

jcooke

P.S. I'd love to see a tapeop article about Dando.

mjau
speech impediment

Post by mjau » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:24 am

Can't wait to hear this...I love Dando's solo album from a couple of years ago, and Lovey is probably my fave Lemonheads album, so you've got my interest piqued.

mjau
speech impediment

Post by mjau » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:53 am

Just picked it up yesterday - really good stuff. Reminds me of the Lovey album somewhat, and I love the "live" feel of the whole thing. And the best part - album guests include Garth Hudson AND J Mascis.

jcooke
gettin' sounds

Post by jcooke » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:09 pm

That album is still stuck in my ipod. I can't get enough of it. I've also been very into tom petty's new album, highway companion. I can't wait to see the lemonheads live when they come to town. I saw dando on his solo tours and he was great. He actually sat down next to me at one of the shows while the opening band was on. It was pretty sureal. I had about a 15 minute conversation with him. He told me about a great album he's on called the Givegoods. It's a band from australia. The leader has written some songs for the lemonheads (The outdoor type, baby's home, and No backbone). Dando also talked about living near the world trade center on 9/11. Well, I guess that's my name drop for the day.

jcooke