T.Rex Remasters?

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

AstroDan
george martin

Post by AstroDan » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:07 am

Lou Reed's 'Transformer' re-issue from a couple/few years back sounds like this. Really open - tight and crisp guitars and cymbals in particular - good in-your-face vocals. This CD would be perfect for providing an example of proper dynamics to someone raised on a diet of the last ten years of pop mastering; it's radically dynamic...in a good way.

Slider,

Gotta get a good copy of that record. :)
"I have always tried to present myself as the type of person who enjoys watching dudes fight other dudes with iron claws."

Slider
george martin

Post by Slider » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:21 pm

AstroDan wrote:Lou Reed's 'Transformer' re-issue from a couple/few years back sounds like this. Really open - tight and crisp guitars and cymbals in particular - good in-your-face vocals. This CD would be perfect for providing an example of proper dynamics to someone raised on a diet of the last ten years of pop mastering; it's radically dynamic...in a good way.
Yes!
My copy is the early RCA issue with no limiting to be found. I don't think they messed with the newer reissue much either.
Ken Scott is awesome.