musicnuvo - sell digitally on your website or myspace!

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

jca83
carpal tunnel

musicnuvo - sell digitally on your website or myspace!

Post by jca83 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:52 am

hey guys,

sorry for the shameless plug but i thought it'd really help bring in some extra income for those of you doing the indie music route. i am totally using this with some local bands i work with and a new digital only label i've started - musicnuvo is the whole backend for our label. we're going to do digital releases and vinyl pressing, and like a lot of indie labels, we're going to include a promo code inside the vinyl sleeve for the mp3's of the tracks.

it's basically an embedded digital service that allows your fans to listen and buy your content online! you can plug it into a myspace or facebook page, a website, or anywhere else that allows you to drop in HTML text. the digital content is MP3 based, which allows your fan to take the music with them everywhere in this preferred format.

you can sell physical or digital goods on it (although you're responsible for shipping out the physical stuff). the great thing about it, unlike other digital embedded stores, is that you can sell albums, tracks, ringtones, videos, graphics, ANYTHING, and it allows you to do some really neat things.

for example, you can set up promo codes or download codes for your albums or merch. you could then print these off and affix them to postcards, stickers, whatever, and sell those at your shows -- the fan then logs on to your site and redeems the code online.

right now it's a pretty new service, so they're offering a special deal for the first few months - you can buy a 1-year service pack for $50! in addition, musicnuvo splits your royalties 70/30 (you keep 70, obviously). the GREATEST thing about musicnuvo that other providers don't offer is a referral service -- if you refer other artists/bands to the service and they sign up, you get an extra 5% of your royalties. add that up - if you refer six people to musicnuvo, you get 100% of the money earned off the site. NO ONE else on the internet offers that!

thanks for checking this out and i hope to hear some great music from all you guys soon!

Click the musicnuvo link to check out the store!
that devil bastard protools