Blonde Redhead

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

DGoody
gettin' sounds

Post by DGoody » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:10 am

I'm not so into Rich Costey's mixes here..... neither for that matter, am I into Moulder's. Misery is a much more interesting listen, in my opinion. Also, some of the songs are just filler on this record, for me.....

jonathan
takin' a dinner break

Post by jonathan » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:12 pm

Also,

From a live sound standpoint, they typically sound great. They have about 8 lines running off the stage, ableton live at the board, and a kaoss pad hooked up to condensors pointed at the crowd, among other things. the performance is reliant on the live sound engineers day also. i've talked some shop with him, and he's an amazingly talented guy also, who hhas been with them since early on.

this band exhibits a great amount of complexity to some great shoegazish style. i wish there were some interviews on the making of their records.

i personally think all of their records sound great including the new one, which i adore just as much as the other records in their discography.