Albums you're looking forward to in 2008?

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

joel hamilton
zen recordist

Post by joel hamilton » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:39 pm

Recycled_Brains wrote:
SaneMan wrote:New Battle of Mice? C'mon Joel, thats the ony thing I've really been excited about in years, lets keep that shit going
i'd like to see that as well. luckily Made Out of Babies (Julie Christmas's other band) is recording right now, so they'll have some new stuff soon. love that band

-ryan
I am looking forward to hearing the new MOOB record as well. Andrew Schneider is doing this one. I talked to Brendan (the guitarist) the other day. He came over my studio and it sounds like this new one is going to be cool.

mutantmariachirecords
pluggin' in mics

Post by mutantmariachirecords » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:11 am

Also, the Old Crow Medicine Show is supposed to come out with a new one, maybe this year.
OK, OK, I'll turn down the preamps for tracking.

http://www.myspace.com/mutantmariachirecords

vvv
zen recordist

Post by vvv » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:35 am

I recently saw Old Crow Medicine Show on ACL or something; that is a cool band!

I for one am looking forward to the new Guns and Roses record, uh-huh. :roll:
bandcamp;
blog.
I mix with olive juice.

rushofblood
pushin' record

Post by rushofblood » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:20 am

thieves wrote:MBV is talking about releasing their disappointment lately, and of course i'll fall for it if it happens

Recycled_Brains
resurrected

Post by Recycled_Brains » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:16 am

joel hamilton wrote: I am looking forward to hearing the new MOOB record as well. Andrew Schneider is doing this one. I talked to Brendan (the guitarist) the other day. He came over my studio and it sounds like this new one is going to be cool.

I just read a blog on their myspace that said it's been sent off for mastering. sounds like it's going to be awesome.

-ryan
Ryan Slowey
Albany, NY

http://maggotbrainny.bandcamp.com

Smitty
tinnitus

Post by Smitty » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:03 am

oh yeah! and the new Two Man Gentleman Band joint came out five days ago. sheerly awesome.
"I try to hate all my gear equally at all times to keep the balance of power in my favor." - Brad Sucks

SaneMan
takin' a dinner break

Post by SaneMan » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:09 pm

joel hamilton wrote:
Recycled_Brains wrote:
SaneMan wrote:New Battle of Mice? C'mon Joel, thats the ony thing I've really been excited about in years, lets keep that shit going
i'd like to see that as well. luckily Made Out of Babies (Julie Christmas's other band) is recording right now, so they'll have some new stuff soon. love that band

-ryan
I am looking forward to hearing the new MOOB record as well. Andrew Schneider is doing this one. I talked to Brendan (the guitarist) the other day. He came over my studio and it sounds like this new one is going to be cool.

Awesome! I guess I lied, since I was very excited when I got my hands on the first M00B record. Sorry to Mr. Albini, but I just didn't think the second one held up as well. I'll definately be buying the new one the day it comes out though. Would still rather have a new B0M record, but hopefully the new M00B will prove me wrong[/i]
Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. - Carl Jung

Jeff White
ghost haunting audio students

Post by Jeff White » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:36 pm

Smitty wrote:oh yeah! and the new Two Man Gentleman Band joint came out five days ago. sheerly awesome.
Holy shit, this is amazing!!!
I record, mix, and master in my Philly-based home studio, the Spacement. https://linktr.ee/ipressrecord

schaf
audio school graduate

Re: Albums you're looking forward to in 2008?

Post by schaf » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:21 pm

D'angelo!

Last year, his engineer Russel Elevado reported on Gearslutz that the new record would be released at "the latest 2008" and that there were also plans to mix live material from the Voodoo tour.

If they can't get the record done by the end of the year, hopefully they'll at least throw us the live stuff to hold us over!