Original Song - Please Listen !

Discussion on new albums, developing listening skills, critical listening to others' work, as well as TOMB members' MP3 links, online recording critiques

Moderator: cgarges

sdlogan9
audio school graduate

Original Song - Please Listen !

Post by sdlogan9 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:53 pm

Hey guys here is a new Song I wrote.

The recording quality is not nearly as good as what you guys are doing.

I am using a Makie Satellite. and a pair of 25.00 headphones :lol:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=6418481

The song is called " Light "

it is a Bahai' Song.

Peace
Shane

brainfreezebob
gettin' sounds

Post by brainfreezebob » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:03 pm

Though admirably sincere, your lyrics are a bit on the rough side. I would say try not to force syllables into beats they don't agree with, and work to find rhymes that aren't the first thing that pops into your head (night/light, love/above, voice/choice, etc.)

I don't think this song was made for me, so I'll leave it at the technique level. You seem to enjoy doing what you're doing, though, and that's a gift in itself, so don't let anything I've said get you down.

sdlogan9
audio school graduate

Post by sdlogan9 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:52 am

brainfreezebob wrote:Though admirably sincere, your lyrics are a bit on the rough side. I would say try not to force syllables into beats they don't agree with, and work to find rhymes that aren't the first thing that pops into your head (night/light, love/above, voice/choice, etc.)

I don't think this song was made for me, so I'll leave it at the technique level. You seem to enjoy doing what you're doing, though, and that's a gift in itself, so don't let anything I've said get you down.
Great evaluation.

I Originally wrote this song with just an acoustic guitar, and kinda played it free of structure. Depending on how I felt like playing it. So when I put it down with a 4/4 Drum beat, I must say it was difficult to get all the word in each measure. I was hoping no one would notice :lol:

Thanks for the input.

Peace
Shane

Mark Legat
gettin' sounds

Post by Mark Legat » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:48 am

I really liked it. I like how the solo came in panned to the left. I like the higher frequencies in it, how it sounds kind of sizzley, bright, airy.
RIT 08'

sdlogan9
audio school graduate

Post by sdlogan9 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:43 pm

Thanks for the kind comments

I added a few new parts to the song today and updated the link, so that song is starting to sound more complete.

Peace
Shane :arrow: